SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-05-11, 01:38 PM   #1
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default HMRC....I don't like

So I want one piece of information from the tax man. He won't give it over the phone, I have to wait 10 to 14 days for them to send it through the post.

One item of info standing between me and 800 quid.....someone hates me

Why the bloody hell can't their departments share their information between themselves?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-11, 03:09 PM   #2

Default Re: HMRC....I don't like

i Feel your pain, my tax code has bee wrong for 22 months now, I have to wait untill this years P11d before it will be resolved, then i find out if they owe me money or if they owe me money..!?
Old 23-05-11, 03:35 PM   #3
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Got to do a round with them tomorrow as I'm on PAYE rate atm and I'm losing a lot of cash atm.

Numbers are you paying BR rate atm?

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-11, 04:08 PM   #4
Bri w

I'm not feeling your pain but expect to be royally shafted sometime in the not too distant future. My tax code has been right-ish for years but for some reason they've been taxing me at the wrong rate for the same amount of time. I just spotted it a few weeks ago...

Question; do I tell the tax man I think I owe him about £8k, or do I keep schtum?

P.S. he owes me about the same for my pension fund but I've not done the maths yet, nor in a position to sort it.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-11, 04:21 PM   #5

no, I am paying PAYE on a tax code which has had me over paying a false underpayment for flippin ages...

may well be correct but until I get this years P11d, I wont know..
Old 23-05-11, 04:36 PM   #6
keithd

how they work is quite brilliant

you owe them money, they take all or some of it from source until its paid

you owe them, well its suddenly not the right department, its not the right time to call them its job share, the person you need is on maternity leave, wrong department we will have to transfer your enquiry to somebody else oh and they are on long term sick and on and on and on
Old 23-05-11, 06:20 PM   #7
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
I'm not feeling your pain but expect to be royally shafted sometime in the not too distant future. My tax code has been right-ish for years but for some reason they've been taxing me at the wrong rate for the same amount of time. I just spotted it a few weeks ago...

Question; do I tell the tax man I think I owe him about £8k, or do I keep schtum?

P.S. he owes me about the same for my pension fund but I've not done the maths yet, nor in a position to sort it.
Bri keep very quiet about it mate. Was speaking to the DJ at work (had issues through an old job) and the wording of the law means: They should contact you, not you contact them

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
how they work is quite brilliant

you owe them money, they take all or some of it from source until its paid

you owe them, well its suddenly not the right department, its not the right time to call them its job share, the person you need is on maternity leave, wrong department we will have to transfer your enquiry to somebody else oh and they are on long term sick and on and on and on
agree with that. Quite happily take but won't remove it from the coffers when they've dropped a b***ock

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
Old 23-05-11, 06:33 PM   #8
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post

Quite happily take but won't remove it from the coffers when they've dropped a b***ock
Oh they've dropped a couple of them in recent months for me. Now one that is on their screen in a big way, may put me out of pocket, even though I gave them all correct information, but it will be me that has to write a complaint letter pointing it out

Now I want a fat lump off them, the snippet I need to give to them from another dept, is feckin classified! What makes it even more maddening is that it has no bearing on what they need it for whatsoever!!!

Old 23-05-11, 06:44 PM   #9
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Sounds about right DB. Well its because of the DWP my tax is in pieces (they remove a place of employment off as being the principle income source and put themselves [Which I have had an offensively bad dealing with as of late])
[RANT]DO YOUR JOB RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU BUNCH OF JOBS WORTHS[/RANT]

(I don't mean to directly offend anyone with the above comment)

My old man has bitten off several head at the student finance sector of the govt.
They have constantly asked him for private pension information which has no influence on getting student finance. One quick threat of the Financial Ombudsmen and a solicitors letter stopped that

Old 23-05-11, 06:55 PM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
they remove a place of employment off as being the principle income source and put themselves (I don't mean to directly offend anyone with the above comment)
Funny that, at the beginning of April (for the tax credit dept) I told them I wasn't going back to work after maternity, and Peg was going to be the sole worker of the household. SOOOOO what do they do? They put him down as working ....... ZERO hours Feck knows what they've based the weekly deposit into my bank account on. They actually have his employment details, and income, just no hours They've still got me working 30, even though they've finished my employment in their system. Difference being is I earn less than Peg......god knows if they over paid me but i ain't happy. Its not as if I don't ring them enough.

Don't get me started on the tax man bit