SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-08-22, 08:22 AM   #10751
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Sport, sport, sport..... Is it me or have the BBC gone overboard with sport coverage? Tomorrow night bbc1 commonwealth games all day, bbc2 is showing cricket from 7 to 10pm. Bbc3 is also full of it.

The cynic in me thinks that they have nothing else to show except repeats so it's an easy way to fill the schedules.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-22, 08:34 PM   #10752
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Sport, sport, sport..... Is it me or have the BBC gone overboard with sport coverage? Tomorrow night bbc1 commonwealth games all day, bbc2 is showing cricket from 7 to 10pm. Bbc3 is also full of it.

The cynic in me thinks that they have nothing else to show except repeats so it's an easy way to fill the schedules.

Its also paid for the over the odds to have the coverage, so you're damn well going to see it, like it or not, waffle and all
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 09:43 AM   #10753
redtrummy

Now you have touched a sore point! One or more points I will not come out with much credit, I am afraid.
1)Women 'pundits/presenters' with screechy voices that cannot pause for breath (this includes some males as well, just to prove I am not totally sexist) that probably know less than me re the sport in question.

2) unnecessary background music on sport, documentaries and films. Really pi----- me off. Watched the replay of the Southern 100 last night and they even had background music whilst they were showing the racing, I want to hear the bikes! Luckily I could turn the sound down so I could just hear the commentary without the music.
So Clare Balding, Cam Donald (just listen to that R1, I would/could if you would shut up) along with the ITV super bike commentator please loose yourselves.
OK I am OCD but I am feeling a lot better now - I probably suffer from APD as well but its never been professionally diagnosed.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 04:37 PM   #10754
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I know what you mean about Cam Donald - I find him pretty irritating. As well as the clearly out-of-their-depth "presenters" with clearly limited or no subject knowledge.
Old 04-08-22, 06:35 PM   #10755
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I empathise with all the comments above. Screaming commentators annoy me too, especially that new F1 commentator on ch4, I reach for mute button on the last lap top avoid the screeching.

Old 05-08-22, 06:04 PM   #10756
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Jeesus H Christ!!! Thick Lizzie.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 01:48 AM   #10757
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Jeesus H Christ!!! Thick Lizzie.
I believe it was a reader's comment on a Guardian article which summed up the contest quite succinctly -

"WTF v. FFS"
Old 07-08-22, 09:33 AM   #10758
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
Got a bill from sse for electric for our shop. Quarterly bill for 3 months, bear in mind we only use electric for lights (led) and a fridge and a card machine. £9631!!!! They can **** off
i would check to make sure that someone is not tapping into your power. take a reading at the meter before you go home or the day before "closed day" and turn everything off at the consumer unit. then in when you get back the next working day the meter should not have clicked up any credits.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 06:54 AM   #10759
Seeker
Mega Poster

Gripe or smile, not sure - NatWest again.- The old way: If I wanted to txfer money to a new person, I needed the banks card reader (looks like a simple calculator if you haven't got one). I had to insert my debit card, put in my pin, enter the code from the on-line banking website, press enter which produced a new code which I then had to enter back on the website.

The new way: Enter biometrics (which I did not have to sign up for, to be fair). Setting up biometric facial scan - picture too dark, try more light, move left, move right, don't move, move up, hold still, more light, centre face, try another room (this doesn't happen in the movies). Finally get an acceptable picture after 5 minutes of trying.

To transfer money: I now have to return to the room that the phone's camera and bank were both happy with (like a salmon retuning to spawing grounds), centre my face on the screen, keep still and blink. It worked but I feel like an idiot that has had an April fool prank played upon them.

Maybe we should just stick to the sliding doors from Star Trek and forget the rest.
Old 08-08-22, 11:37 AM   #10760
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
The new way: Enter biometrics (which I did not have to sign up for, to be fair). Setting up biometric facial scan - picture too dark, try more light, move left, move right, don't move, move up, hold still, more light, centre face, try another room (this doesn't happen in the movies). Finally get an acceptable picture after 5 minutes of trying.
you never needed to do facial recognition. what if your on a computer with no camera...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote