SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-03-06, 04:03 PM   #1
Grinch

Default E-mail future me

Want to e-mail yourself in the future...

http://www.futureme.org/

Ask yourself those question that you wanted ask past you?
Old 28-03-06, 04:17 PM   #2
sharriso74

Cool, just asked my future self am I still wasting time on the sv650 site
Old 28-03-06, 04:22 PM   #3
cosmiccharlie

Default Re: E-mail future me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Want to e-mail yourself in the future...

http://www.futureme.org/

Ask yourself those question that you wanted ask past you?
Sounds weird like but could be of use, sending yourself reminder's of what to do, like 'Not Forgetting Her Birthday' , 'Warning you when the In-Laws are coming' , 'Bike services' and other useful prompts
Old 28-03-06, 04:27 PM   #4
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
Cool, just asked my future self am I still wasting time on the sv650 site
Yes, but you already knew that .

Old 28-03-06, 04:31 PM   #5
Anonymous

I wrote quite sentimental piece to arrive on my 50th birthday. Im 23yo now. It reminded me of people i know now, to see if we're still in touch. To visit my Grand parents and friends who have passed away's graves.

To work hard to acheive your goals, but not to put work before everything else.

Then i read some that were already posted.. and found this one.. its not mine - its anonomous but it just goes to show that whilst we're all different, the majority of people are the same inside.. with the same emotions:

Dear FutureMe,

Before you delete this..thinking it to be Junk. You wrote this e-mail message to yourself 10 years ago to your self from a website. Which you hope to be still in existance 10 years later, so it can send it to you.

You got married this year, with every intention to be married for the rest of your life. A few months have gone by and you are wondering to yourself, why do people get married?. But knowing your temperament and the kind of person you are. You would have made it work, and would most probably be printing this e-mail to carry home to show your wife of 10 years, what you did unknowing to her 10 years ago.

Life is funny and unpredictable in many senses, but you always stood by 1 thing. Stick to your dreams. You should have your own home by now, with a rope swing hanging from the largest tree somewhere in the yard. But if you happen to be stuck in an appartment complex with no yard, and up under your neighbours arses. I am sure you still have plans put in place for the home with a big yard and friut trees of all kinds.

Kids, none at the time of this letter, thinking of starting next year. So you should have 3 or so by now. Enjoy them, give them a father you did'nt have. Be there for them every day. But more importantly, make them and your wife your priority in life, NOT WORK and NOT MONEY.

Make a visit to Grandpa's grave site, give it a paint job. like you did 10 years ago, talk to him as you do so. Well you take care, continue to walk tall, live an honset life. But an the end of the day Live the rest of your life HAPPY. Remember you are TOP ADA WORLD.

laterz
ME...10 years before
Old 28-03-06, 04:38 PM   #6
philipMac

I did one of these things when I was 15. Just found it a while back.

We had to write where we wanted to be when we were 18, 21, and 29.

18 : Yamaha TZR 125
21: Yamaha TZR 250 or VFR400
29: CBR 600 or Blade or Duke.

There was about 3 paragraphs devoted to bikes, colours, and types of lid. There was also a passing comment about having a job, and being happy with life tacked in on the end.

Old 28-03-06, 08:28 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

That's both a touching idea, and the best email harvester I've ever seen.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 08:38 PM   #8
Diveboy

Thats funny because I've just had an email that I must have sent myself. It was sent via www.pastme.org I'm going to own a Ducati 999.99 and a SV699. How cool will that be.

Anyway I'm off to the bookies to put £1000 on Rossi to win F1 next year and buy some lotto tickets.

See Ya!