SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-06-10, 12:55 AM   #1
thulfi

Default My first ever witness statement...

...made my spicy chicken wings go cold!

Well was an interesting evening. Came out of the local chicken shop on our street. Saw some young drunk lad with a girl beefing it with the 2 old slovakian drunk locals a small distance down the road.

I waited to see what would happen. 2 minutes of verbal exchanges (mainly from the young lad), then the little drunk slovakian walked away. Drunk guy in middle of road. Young guy charges at him with a violent kick and the drunk ends up unconscious, faced upwards in the middle of the road. Young guy and his gal pelt it.

Traffic stopped and people crowded round. One guy was right next to him so thought he might be a doc. Then people were asking about first aid. I said I was a med student, so that put me in the driving seat

Anyways, amazing the amount of people that don't know about the recovery position. They were telling me not to move the guy, even though he was breathing (but he can choke on his tongue or vomit).

Anyway, road gets closed. Police come along, parameds. Guy came about, but he had cut his head on the road. Taken to hospital, but he and his mate were both drunk and couldn't speak english - so prob no charges.

Either way got to give my first police statement in the spanking met beemer. Copper even let me eat my chicken wings in his car whilst giving the statement. Top guy.

It's a major one way street feeding into london bridge at around 7.20pm. Caused right havoc. First motorist behind the KO was a biker - got off and gave a helping hand, as did another biker if im remembering right. Always good to see.

Last edited by thulfi; 11-06-10 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-06-10, 01:20 AM   #2
Jamesy D

Default Re: My first ever witness statement...

As you're a med student you've probably already done this, but make sure you're not suffering from any forms of shock. I was involved in a similar incident (as a witness) and it did me right in for a whole day.

Other than that, good on you sir! Many others would have just looked the other way, not wanting to get involved. Nice of Mr Met to let you eat your chicken in his totally-brand-new car
Old 11-06-10, 06:50 AM   #3
Tim in Belgium

Did you wipe your greasy hands on the car seat?
Old 11-06-10, 08:12 AM   #4
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulfi View Post

It's a major one way street feeding into london bridge at around 7.20pm. Caused right havoc. First motorist behind the KO was a biker - got off and gave a helping hand, as did another biker if im remembering right. Always good to see.
I'm guessing you're a student at Guy's then?

Haven't got any spare kidneys have you? Before you suggest it, spicy chicken wings won't do the job I've got planned for them.

Well done on helping the victim out - drunk or not, no-one deserves to be beaten unconcious and left in the middle of a busy road... unless they're my ex-wife <spit>, and then the M62 in fast moving rush hour is too good a place for her.
Old 11-06-10, 11:53 AM   #5
thulfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
no-one deserves to be beaten unconcious and left in the middle of a busy road... unless they're my ex-wife <spit>, and then the M62 in fast moving rush hour is too good a place for her.
fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy D View Post
but make sure you're not suffering from any forms of shock. I was involved in a similar incident (as a witness) and it did me right in for a whole day.
na its fine. Trauma and gore I can handle. I was closer to getting shock when I did obs & gynae
Old 11-06-10, 11:56 AM   #6
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
fair enough

na its fine. Trauma and gore I can handle. I was closer to getting shock when I did obs & gynae
I should hope so or you may have difficulties in your chosen career....I used to have a colleague that fainted at the sight of blood..not handy at an assault or RTC!
Old 11-06-10, 12:26 PM   #7
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Well done on helping the victim out - drunk or not, no-one deserves to be beaten unconcious and left in the middle of a busy road... unless they're my ex-wife <spit>, and then the M62 in fast moving rush hour is too good a place for her.
Fast moving rush hour? M62? I think you've got your motorways mixed up
Old 11-06-10, 04:01 PM   #8
allantheboss

Quote:
Then people were asking about first aid. I said I was a med student, so that put me in the driving seat

Anyways, amazing the amount of people that don't know about the recovery position. They were telling me not to move the guy, even though he was breathing (but he can choke on his tongue or vomit
I can't stress enough how much this annoys me. So many people know so little. It is what St John's ambulance is all about.

To anybody reading, you can join St. Johns, and train in basic first aid for FREE, it is a charity. My sister is mentally disabled now, because people stood around her whilst she choked and starved her brain of oxygen. If a single person knew something so basic as Heimlich, she'd be holding a degree in Nuclear Astrophysics right now. But she isn't because people don't care enough to learn.

Sorry... rant over..
Old 11-06-10, 04:02 PM   #9
allantheboss

Well done on you thulfi! At least somebody did something. Thanks on his behalf.