SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-11-10, 09:49 PM   #1
svrich

Default Every cloud has a silver lining...

Or in our case, a silver Discovery 4
I posted up a couple of weeks ago that my wifes Discovery got hit by a truck. The driver didn't stop but two witnesses got his reg number so the police were able to trace him. My wife informed her insurance and the process started. After a few days of no contact my wife called again and the insurance were having trouble sorting things out as he had been in another accident earlier in the day that was being disputed. There were getting the two cases confused
Anyway, today our Disco was collected for repair, and the hire car turned up. We were ment to be getting a series 3 BMW but the bloke at the hire company saw that we were Landrover owners so brought the D4 TDV6 HSE. That's right £50,000 worth of new (only 6500 miles) car
Needless to say, I have been driving it a lot today and it's bloody brilliant. Obviously leagues ahead of our D1 but it's like sitting in a plush armchair that can outrun the majority of other road users, on and off road. I'd love to take it off road with my club this weekend but other plans have put that one off.
So, Secret Santa, start saving
Old 26-11-10, 10:51 AM   #2
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default Re: Every cloud has a silver lining...

What tyres has it got on it... Get it off road quick while you have the chance

Mind you, you'd probably get just as far in the Disco 3 on road tyres as you would in a Disco 1 with decent tyres..

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote