SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-10-23, 07:20 AM   #3691
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Morning all. Bit of a change from yesterday's weather. Grey and drizzly this morning.

That doesn't sound great Trevor, surely if it smells with the generators running there must be fumes getting into the building, which I would have thought was illegal.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-23, 04:39 PM   #3692
redtrummy

John posted about LV insurance and Boundless a while ago, well I was just about in the same boat. House up £100, car £120 (but we have recently changed it so had we still got the old Civic it might have been a bit cheaper,) M/home about £30. Sod this says I, went onto a comparison website and the cheapest for the car was over £200 more than LVs. The house quote had gone up £100 so I got a quote for the house m/home and car on a multi car /house policy. The car and m/home were about £150 more than the original quote and the house about the same. I therefore renewed car/ m/home on LVs original renewal price and moved the house else where. So I am stuck with Boundless for another year and their rather useless magazine.
I wish some one could explain how they decide what to quote it baffles me.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-23, 06:30 AM   #3693
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning all. A trip to Birmingham on the train today for me. Off to see Sioned for the day. I need to make the most of the weekend as I have a busy few days coming up. Bike MoT on Monday, some car repairs on Tuesday, a couple of computers brought to me for attention too. I could do with making time for my own garden somewhere along the way!
Old 28-10-23, 07:24 AM   #3694
admin
John T
Mega Poster

It's been a busy week here too. Day surgery for my wife, 3 day visit from daughter and grandsons and a theatre on Thursday to see Toyah. Today I'll be mainly clearing up the mess left by the kids.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Old 28-10-23, 09:16 AM   #3695
Craig380
Mega Poster

Was Fripp on guitar with Toyah, John? I saw some footage of her doing 'Kashmir' at the Cropredy festival over the summer with Fripp and her band, it was surprisingly good. One of the YT commenters said that they'd been stood close to Robert Plant watching the performance, and he seemed to be digging it.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-23, 10:27 AM   #3696
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Yes. They did that song. Lots of other stuff too. The show was based on their Sunday lunch YouTube channel.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Old 28-10-23, 10:56 AM   #3697
Craig380
Mega Poster

Excellent. I love Fripp, although my 10p worth is that he does his very best work with other people rather than KC (Bowie, David Sylvian, Eno, Daryl Hall etc)
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-23, 10:58 AM   #3698
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Excellent. I love Fripp, although my 10p worth is that he does his very best work with other people rather than KC (Bowie, David Sylvian, Eno, Daryl Hall etc)
They used that as a basis for the show. He played on most of the songs they played.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 28-10-23, 08:43 PM   #3699
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Well, that didn’t go quite as planned. On the way to Birmingham this morning, the train stopped between Shrewsbury and Wellington for about 15 minutes before going slowly on into Wellington.An hours wait while the poor conductor tried to find out what was happening. All the signalling between Wellington and Wolverhampton had gone down. By the time we knew what was happening it was no longer worth me trying to make it to B’ham. The train at Wellington went a short way up the line and came back down the other side and took us back to Shrewsbury. Another hour’s wait before the train back to Welshpool.
I felt sorry for the TfW staff who were quite unjustifiably taking it in the neck over the problem, which was not of their making, rather it was a bloody Network Rail issue.

I’ll try again next weekend!
Old 28-10-23, 09:06 PM   #3700
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Well, that didn’t go quite as planned. On the way to Birmingham this morning, the train stopped between Shrewsbury and Wellington for about 15 minutes before going slowly on into Wellington.An hours wait while the poor conductor tried to find out what was happening. All the signalling between Wellington and Wolverhampton had gone down. By the time we knew what was happening it was no longer worth me trying to make it to B’ham. The train at Wellington went a short way up the line and came back down the other side and took us back to Shrewsbury. Another hour’s wait before the train back to Welshpool.
I felt sorry for the TfW staff who were quite unjustifiably taking it in the neck over the problem, which was not of their making, rather it was a bloody Network Rail issue.

I’ll try again next weekend!
I hope you claim compensation.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk