SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 22-04-22, 12:56 PM   #1
Squiz

Default SV650 2000 - Curvy to Naked Project

So I need to shift my SV now there is a bun in the oven....

The bike was originally a faired curvy, I stripped it down and converted it to a naked cafe-racer style keeping the clip-ons. The bike has not seen much road time in my ownership and kept garaged.
I was out on it last year for a very brief run out but noticed a small oil leak on the engine side casing, which I did try to resolve by replacing the gasket but the leak is still there and since then I've just not had the time to look into it further. I changed the engine on the bike in due to the big end going on the original, the replacement had around 24k on it and I still have the rolling frame and wheels from the donor bike to get rid of too, I have had the bike running and on the road since the swap but I believe it still needs a bit of time and effort to get it running how it should. I have done quite a lot to the bike when converted to a naked listed below.

Front and rear wheels power coated black, with new wheel bearings

New front and rear Dunlop Roadsmart 3 tyres - Must have only seen 200 miles if that, like new.

Front fork lowers power coated black

Front suspension springs changed for K Tech 8.5N, with new oil and dust seals.

Original Naked Speedo and Wiring Harness fully working

LED indicators with Relay fitted

New front Naked Headlight and brackets

New Yuasa Battery - Ive had this on charge and it seems to be holding

Fuel Tank internal rust removal carried out.

Filters, plugs, oil, all as new due to it not being used. (although oil has been sat) Front brake pads renewed

Front and rear Braided houses

2 keys, logbook and plenty of history paperwork

I've tried to remember everything but its been over a few years of owning the bike.

There is definitely value in the bike with the parts and if someone has the time to sort the minor bits out then they have a running road worthy bike, I would prefer to sell as a whole as i don't have the time to part it out and need to free up the space in the garage.

Please contact me if you're interested. Manchester.

See photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (127.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (126.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (124.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (122.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (121.4 KB, 0 views)
Squiz is offline   Reply With Quote