SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-05-21, 01:33 PM   #9631
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Or that's what they are all like, and your money is now theirs. Fingers crossed it's not.
Old 24-05-21, 03:39 PM   #9632
timwilky
Mega Poster

They emailed saying they will check remaining stock. So hopeful if a positive outcome.
Old 24-05-21, 08:52 PM   #9633
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
They emailed saying they will check remaining stock. So hopeful if a positive outcome.
If it ever turns up, and is good - I'd be v. interested in what it is.

Is it data cable to the doorbell or seperate power (battery?) and WIFI?

p.s - an astounding number of people would have fitted that dummy doorbell and spent a long time troubleshooting what was wrong.

Last edited by Dave20046; 24-05-21 at 08:54 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-21, 09:12 PM   #9634
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Apparently being wired differently with the same colour wires in different places isn't a problem. They suggested leaving it on the charger for 24 hours but since the charge level didn't change in 4 hours and the charger was cold I didn't think it worthwhile. Then they asked me if the battery (that they recommended) is the same as the original. Since it's a 3 cell instead of a 2 cell running at a different voltage with a different firmware level and a higher capacity I'd have to say: no. So now they want me to buy a new charger. I declined and asked for an RMA - it's gone quiet.

Shouldn't replacing a battery be simple?
Buying a laptop battery week 5

It must be me. I assumed that when I placed an order for a battery for a Lenovo 330S-15ARR, that is what I'd get. Well, I got a battery that is the right shape and it fits but when I start researching it's actually for a Lenovo Yoga xxx. It's the wrong voltage and double the power (which would have been nice). On further investigation, Lenovo don't list any upgraded batteries for the 330S. If I can find this out why can't the seller?
They've now offered to send me another battery (of the same type they previously sent) and I can keep the first one (instead of an RMA, I assume). I suppose if this continues long enough I'll be able to start selling them myself. I pointed out the futility of this and that I'd need a direct replacement not one the right shape. I suspect a refund will not be forthcoming, Chinese companies don't seem to like refunds in my experience.
Watch this space...

It might be easier to buy a new laptop.

Last edited by Seeker; 24-05-21 at 09:14 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-21, 10:00 PM   #9635
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I'm a full fortnight after my second dose of the vaccine. The day after I felt quite unwell for about 12 hours and then was ok. But the last few days I have been pretty unwell again, same sort of symptoms. Achey joints, feverish, tired, bit of a headache, constantly cold. No respiratory effects, no coughing or sneezing, or blocked nose. Wondering if it might be a delayed reaction, or something else.
They told me the vaccine takes about 2 weeks to take effect, so it makes sense to me that some side effects might be felt 2 weeks after the jab.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-21, 10:07 PM   #9636
svenrico

I got soaked a couple of times getting caught out in downpours recently and have come to the conclusion none of the 'waterproof and breathable' motorcycle gear is fully waterproof. I think it would have to be waxed cotton or plastic/pvc to be fully waterproof.
ps but riding in really heavy rain with poor visibility /visor steaming up just isn't safe. Pulling over and waiting for it to pass is the only safe option sometimes.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-21, 11:13 PM   #9637
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I got soaked a couple of times getting caught out in downpours recently and have come to the conclusion none of the 'waterproof and breathable' motorcycle gear is fully waterproof.
depends on how much your willing to pay. i can without a shadow of a doubt tell you that the 3 layer pro goretex Rukka gear is simply superb and fully waterproof and breathable.. yes its near on £2k for the jacket and trousers but to me been worth every single penny.

i have toured Scotland in non stop torrential rain for days on end and nada water ingress or soaking in of water to the fabric. oohh and Rukka gloves are the ONLY gloves that i have worn that are actually waterproof as well. the water sheds off the gear and is dry for the next day unlike those sillly liners which let the actual outer clothing get saturated in water and take days to dry.

i also have a pair of goretex Sidi touring boots that are fully waterproof.

i have also crash tested the Rukka stuff and walked away after hitting a dear at 60mph and ending up in a ditch.

you pays your money.......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-21, 06:54 AM   #9638
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I got soaked a couple of times getting caught out in downpours recently and have come to the conclusion none of the 'waterproof and breathable' motorcycle gear is fully waterproof. I think it would have to be waxed cotton or plastic/pvc to be fully waterproof.
ps but riding in really heavy rain with poor visibility /visor steaming up just isn't safe. Pulling over and waiting for it to pass is the only safe option sometimes.
I've never had any issues with my Alpinestars Andes V2 jacket/trouser set. Never got wet in them at all - even in torrential rains.
Same for my Dainese Goretex gloves, & Alpinestars Goretex boots.

And i can now say the same for my Scott DP overproofs too - they are very waterproof, windproof and breathable.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-21, 07:39 AM   #9639
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
I've never had any issues with my Alpinestars Andes V2 jacket/trouser set. Never got wet in them at all - even in torrential rains.
I have an Andes V2 jacket, and it's a great bit of kit, but I do have a warning: It's really designed for touring bikes and works best for what it's designed for (oddly enough). The more your body is leant forward, the more the front gutter gets bunched up, and the more likely you are to get a sudden surge of water on your belly in heavy rain.

I've learned to live with it (mostly by not commuting for the last year and a bit! ) but if you have a more sporty bike, I'd look at something different.

I'd love a Rukka jacket, but would want a really expensive one and can't justify it. I have Rukka trousers, but they're over 20 years old now and apart from being a bit big for me, are still going strong.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-21, 08:22 AM   #9640
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I bought Rukka gear in 1986, the metallic plastic welded type of stuff. It was pricey then but it worked perfectly. Sadly the jacket died about five years later when the zip failed. I had a new zip fitted but it was never the same. I still have the salopetts which are lined, warm and still waterproof, ideal for winter. I also have the simple single skinned over trousers.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk