SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-01-06, 09:38 PM   #1
mikehunt03

Default GSXR 1000 Shock Question

This is probably gonna sound stupid but here goes, about to purchase gsxr 1000 k5 shock and fit it along with ohlins progressive fork springs and some gold valve emulators, but i might be moving at the end of summer which would require the sale of my beloved bike what would these modifications do to the resale value,

It's K4 Black
Full Akrapovic System
Renthal Rear and Front and tsuba xring chain
Suzuki Belly Pan
Suzuki seat cowl
at the moment 7000 miles
Might add in a power commander ( depending on cashflow )

i'm worried i do all these upgrades but when it comes to selling the thing i might have problems selling it.

Any info greatly appreciated
Old 03-01-06, 10:38 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

I think probably not much and the recomendation would be to make the bike stock and sell the other peices individualy.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 08:51 AM   #3
BillyC
Mega Poster

Once you've fitted the emulators, it's my perception that you're not going to easily remove them, given that they require you to permanently modify parts of your fork internals.

So, you might as well leave the fork upgrades in place when you come to sell. Anyone who does any research into buying an SV will see that suspension modifications are recommended for most riders.

On the same lines, it would probably be prudent to present the bike with the GSXR shock in place. Afterall, you will have already had to cut the battery box to accomodate its fitting - not something you're going to be able to hide easily without buying a replacement box/undertray.

At that point, the purchaser can continue to do research and will find out that the stock shock is quite inadequate, and that the GSXR one is a good and cheap alternative.

My point is that if you present it with the stock shock fitted... it's going to be obvious that parts of the bike have already been butchered to fit the Gixxer one. I think it'll make it a bit more obvious - so best be honest about the whole thing when you come to sell.