SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-10-21, 01:13 PM   #10081
rowdy

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Hope he's ok Rowdy , maybe warn the owners if he had been seriously injured they may have been culpable by intentionally altering the landscape.

https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartson...SAAEgI27_D_BwE

any help? I know a delaer that just uses that site for most things

Or street fighter it and buy a lamp that universally fits on the stantions
Thanks Dave. I have been thinking maybe popping a note through their door, explaining the incident and questioning whether they really need to be put there. At the end of the day it’s their land and it’s up to them what they do with it, but I certainly wouldn’t want to be responsible for a serious injury to happen to anyone by placing lumps of concrete in close proximity to a road.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 02:53 PM   #10082
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
Thanks Dave. I have been thinking maybe popping a note through their door, explaining the incident and questioning whether they really need to be put there. At the end of the day it’s their land and it’s up to them what they do with it, but I certainly wouldn’t want to be responsible for a serious injury to happen to anyone by placing lumps of concrete in close proximity to a road.
In England I think a grass verge is rarely the home owners property, it's usually council land.

I remember a member on here having a fairly serious accident and the farmer saying something like 'I'd just reinforced that roadsign/wall because cars kept knocking it over with ease' - always wondered if he would have got off more lightly if it had have collapsed on impact.
Old 17-10-21, 09:55 PM   #10083
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
In England I think a grass verge is rarely the home owners property, it's usually council land.

I remember a member on here having a fairly serious accident and the farmer saying something like 'I'd just reinforced that roadsign/wall because cars kept knocking it over with ease' - always wondered if he would have got off more lightly if it had have collapsed on impact.
As far as I know ,if it is a council owned grass verge, which they usually are between the road and the front garden of a house ,or between the road and an adopted footway, you aren't allowed to place any obstructions , which would prevent the grass being mowed for one thing.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 04:23 PM   #10084
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

We have one outside our house. We are responisble for it's upkeep but have no right to it or to modify it without permission. The previous owner had to get permission to put gravel on it so she didn't keep having to mow it. Took a while to get permission but it was allowed in the end. We can't put anything on it without seeking the same permission from the council.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 04:38 PM   #10085
svenrico

Easy to say on here but I would be tempted to have a word with the council (could be town, district or county )
to check ownership of the verge and claim for repairs to the bike caused by the concrete obstacles - or would insurance company do that if a claim had been made - or would somebody try and claim driving without due care and attention ?! On second thoughts -------!
Old 18-10-21, 05:30 PM   #10086
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I'd imagine that there might be rules that prohibit the person putting breeze blocks there, but also rules that you're not meant to "drive" on it too.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 06:18 PM   #10087
DJ123
Mega Poster

I ordered a jacket from SBS which arrived today, and it's the wrong size. So that's being returned and have just re-ordered the right size again . . . . let's hope they get it right this time.
I wouldn't think it to happen on something that's a bit pricey, as you would think to double check what you are packing was correct!

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 11:30 PM   #10088
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
I ordered a jacket from SBS which arrived today, and it's the wrong size. So that's being returned and have just re-ordered the right size again . . . . let's hope they get it right this time.
I wouldn't think it to happen on something that's a bit pricey, as you would think to double check what you are packing was correct!
Trouble with ordering any clothing online is you don't know if it will fit anyway until you try it on.
Old 19-10-21, 07:39 AM   #10089
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Was it a Furygan jacket? The sizes marked on the jacket differ from what you ordered but are correct (insisted SBS to me) in the way they fit. It fitted only if I stood up and never moved

I went to Scott leathers and had a jacket made for a less expensive price.
Old 19-10-21, 04:43 PM   #10090
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Trouble with ordering any clothing online is you don't know if it will fit anyway until you try it on.
Most places are better at getting decent measurements in place for arm length, waist, chest etc.
The correct size one arrived today and it fits as i hoped it would (with some room for a thicker jumper & base layers during the colder months)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Was it a Furygan jacket? The sizes marked on the jacket differ from what you ordered but are correct (insisted SBS to me) in the way they fit. It fitted only if I stood up and never moved

I went to Scott leathers and had a jacket made for a less expensive price.

Nope, it was Klim. The fit is good on the correct sized one which arrived today.

Furygan is small as it's made for French who are a smaller build generally. I bought a Furygan summer jacket and had to go up a size or 2 for it to fit comfortably without looking like half a gimp suit.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote