SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-17, 08:39 PM   #1
Jason.Keyes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Hey guys, bought these lower fairings but owner didn't have brackets and i was looking for help anyone have any or all brackets or could make them or any info on them. Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 07:25 AM   #2
shiftin_gear98
Member
 
shiftin_gear98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: At home
Posts: 756
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Rocking Horse poo.
Top mount you have - uses same bolt.
Radiator is a U shape bracket, easy to bent any old bit of tin to shape.
Buy an R@G crash bung set, that'll sort the main bit. Plus save them when you fall off/ drop it. The banana piece of **** that comes with the fairings normally, would be stronger if it was a banana.
Screw the two together at the bottom - any old nut and bolt M5 I think.
Where you will have problems is sourcing the lower mounts. When I bought my bike they were missing, I rode it like this for about 3 years - no problem. I then got hit by a car and the only good thing out of getting shafted by my insurance company was that the guy actually doing the work felt sorry for me. He said he happened to have a set kicking around, and fitted them FOC. As I said at the start - Rocking Horse poo would be easier to find.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 10-04-17 at 07:40 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 06:27 AM   #3
pookie
Member
 
pookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Essex
Posts: 938
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

I have the black brackets and some made up ones I'll put up for sale soon. I dont have the bolts as I will be using those
__________________
"an unedifying exercise in postmodern, operatic grunge"
Was - 2000 Candy blue sv650s -2003 Sonic silver sv1000s
Gone - 2007 Wildfire Orange Ninja zx6r
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 09:22 AM   #4
Jason.Keyes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Rocking Horse poo.
Top mount you have - uses same bolt.
Radiator is a U shape bracket, easy to bent any old bit of tin to shape.
Buy an R@G crash bung set, that'll sort the main bit. Plus save them when you fall off/ drop it. The banana piece of **** that comes with the fairings normally, would be stronger if it was a banana.
Screw the two together at the bottom - any old nut and bolt M5 I think.
Where you will have problems is sourcing the lower mounts. When I bought my bike they were missing, I rode it like this for about 3 years - no problem. I then got hit by a car and the only good thing out of getting shafted by my insurance company was that the guy actually doing the work felt sorry for me. He said he happened to have a set kicking around, and fitted them FOC. As I said at the start - Rocking Horse poo would be easier to find.
Thank you for that info atleast i know what i am looking for

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 09:23 AM   #5
Jason.Keyes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
I have the black brackets and some made up ones I'll put up for sale soon. I dont have the bolts as I will be using those
Sure can you give me a message before you put them up because i have been looking for months 😂 is there any brackets you are missing or have you them all?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 04:55 PM   #6
sl0th86
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

I have spare radiator brackets, but im after the bottom right one that goes near the brake pedal, they dont seem to exist!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 04:57 PM   #7
sl0th86
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
I have the black brackets and some made up ones I'll put up for sale soon. I dont have the bolts as I will be using those


Did you make them? Im after the lower bottom right if you could knock up another one? You'd make a killing on here hahaha
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 05:04 PM   #8
Jason.Keyes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

I have no brackets :/

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 05:13 PM   #9
sl0th86
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.Keyes View Post
I have no brackets :/

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk


Well i have a spare set of suzuki brackets for the radiator if all else fails
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 05:15 PM   #10
Jason.Keyes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Sv650s lower fairing brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0th86 View Post
Well i have a spare set of suzuki brackets for the radiator if all else fails
Which ones are those?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lower fairing brackets for K5, where from? SV-Tom SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 1 10-12-13 10:07 AM
Pointy lower fairing brackets? 650 SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 12 11-01-13 10:32 AM
Lower fairing brackets kit ruddlad Stuff Wanted 2 10-06-12 09:41 AM
lower fairing brackets shiver85 Stuff Wanted 4 10-11-09 08:33 PM
k2 lower fairing brackets erics02 Stuff Wanted 3 11-11-07 12:56 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.