SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-08-07, 05:29 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Kindness From Fellow Bikers

Reading about the appaling and inexcusable behaviour Stuaryboy was subjected to at the weekend has really bothered me. Surely our nationality/ colour/ sex/ etc shouldn't matter.................we're all out there on two wheels. Aren't there enough people out there against us without us starting on each other?

So I'm looking for positive experiences..............times when a fellow Biker has shown you an act of kindness, whether a friend or stranger.

I still feel immense gratitude to a guy called Brian, a member of the Mighty South London Triumph Owners Club. 29 years ago he came to my aid when my then boyfriend b*gg*red off and left me stranded at a rally 80 miles from home. He not only took me all the way home, he wouldn't let me give him a penny towards the petrol. That is true kindness.

So what positive experince have you had?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 05:44 PM   #2
Stig

Default Re: Kindness From Fellow Bikers

Broken down on the M4 with a broken fuel pump. Rider went from about 100mph in the far lane to a stand still in about 2 feet. Gave me his RAC card and said when I was done to post it back.
Old 07-08-07, 05:48 PM   #3
pencil shavings

When I was 17 and new to riding and more naieve that I am now a kind BMW rider helped me get through a snow storm on the A3 on my way home to London. It was more moral suport on the hard sholder after I 'tired' to ride through the snow! But it was very needed and welcome.
Old 07-08-07, 06:12 PM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
When I was 17 and new to riding and more naieve that I am now a kind BMW rider helped me get through a snow storm on the A3 on my way home to London. It was more moral suport on the hard sholder after I 'tired' to ride through the snow! But it was very needed and welcome.
I know that this thread is mostly aimed at kindness from strangers, but without many of the people I now call friends (and they call me "Oh no not Dave again, oh bugger, hes seen us") from here in the org I wouldnt be so happy as a motorcyclist.

From those that guided me to my 1st Selkent meeting (1st real ride) to those who phoned for the ambulance and got my bike home after my off and came to get me from the hospital, then store and help me mend it.

So , thanks to everyone in the org that I have met, and to some of you who I haven't but who have given me positive encouragement.

Thanks

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 09:03 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

I did my cbt, and then bought a hyosung comet 125 from oxford needing to drive it back to newcastle! It was in a poor state, so at a garage asked a guy to check it was alright, he checked it all over for me and adjusted both the brakes and clutch!
What was he riding.....a red SV!
On my way back (all 8 hours of rain and dark! for a complete novice!) I had so many bikers ask how i was doing at service stations. It was a great introduction!
Old 07-08-07, 09:22 PM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

A subject close to my heart for sure, I've always been around bike since I can remember, could use a spanner before I could walk (I'd imagine), at times I've been skint and relied on others hand me downs, be it tyres, brakes,even nails of bikes, but always somehow managed to keep riding, I've had people stop and offer help and support when I've needed it in the passed, now days it tends to be me who'll stop and help, probably done 20 puncture repairs on others bikes to each on mine, i don't forget where I came from, an these days always tried to help where I can, be it lending a tool of making a bit.

I know it's slightly "rose coloured glasses" to believe were all part of a big family kind of thing, but I choose to look and act as if we are, hey it makes my world a better place anyway.

Let's not forget the nearly 200 bikers that have visited me over the passed 11 months of so either.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 10:16 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

For some reason I always freak people out when I try and stop to help Apparently I look like a killer, or something.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 11:03 PM   #8
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Loads of them, but an example is all the messages of support from you guys and the real concern of those present after my off.

For kindness from complete strangers.... I was heading up the Col de Lautaret in '97 in a BIBLICAL thunder storm and truly ****ting myself when I was passed by a group of Swiss bikers. They stopped, stopped me, checked I was OK and asked if I wanted to ride with them for safety over the pass. I gladly accepted and they waved me off cheerily when we crossed the Col and the storm passed over.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 11:07 PM   #9
SV225

On the occasions that my RS125 blew up, I had loads of people (not just on bikes) stop to check if I needed help.
Old 07-08-07, 11:42 PM   #10
melody

Everyone was a stranger to me at AR07. yet everyone was really friendly