SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 15-02-22, 09:48 PM   #8091
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Well so far I've successfully not bought anything but I feel stuck in a rut and the only film I have loaded is mono 120 in the Seagull TLR, which so far I'm not loving as it's so slow to use. There is a photo a day thing on a local facebook photo group and I'm looking through my scans and you can see how young my daughter is in most of them. Some of them are good pics as well, if I say so myself. Need to find my mojo.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-22, 07:41 AM   #8092
Kenzie

I've mostly been shooting digital, I've got so many films backed up waiting to be sent off that it seems silly to add more to the pile.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-22, 10:02 PM   #8093
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Went to a big vintage place today, lots of the usual carp, blue Ensign box camera caught my eye but they're not worth a lot it turns out, also A Butcher Cameo small plate camera, couldn't get it open, they go for 40-50 it seems. I don't have an desire to try to tangle with plates!
Old 22-02-22, 12:44 PM   #8094
Kenzie

I had considered a plate camera, but it would mean cutting down film to fit the holders. Like you, something I can't be bothered with right now. I haven't bought much lately, tbh I'm in a bit of a lull with photograhy, nothing new to shoot!
Old 22-02-22, 07:36 PM   #8095
yokohama

I've taken loads of pics on the EM10 this week though they're mostly not very creative. Mainly snapshots I'll probably delete when I get back.
On the plus side, I have finished a roll of Superia in the XD5, which had a Vivitar series 1 28-90 on it. Both camera and lens untested, I know-a bit risky, but I hope I'll get a few decent shots back.
BTW, I'm still here. Was supposed to fly back yesterday but the airport's been pretty much shut since Sunday due to high winds and my flight back has been cancelled 2 days running.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-22, 11:58 AM   #8096
Kenzie

Stuck in paradise eh Howard? Must be tough!
Old 25-02-22, 04:33 PM   #8097
yokohama

Not much fun TBH. Jet2 were pretty good and put me up in a hotel(5 star) with all food provided and free booze. That was the good bit. The not so good was being bussed to the airport each day, waiting around for several hours only to be told that the plane was still delayed before being shuttled back to the hotel again. I finally got home last night, 3 days late after getting up at 5:30, taking a 3 hour ferry trip to Porto Santo, a nearby island, and taking a plane back from there.
Old 25-02-22, 08:05 PM   #8098
Kenzie

Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun. On a side note, the Ricoh 500G that I resealed in 2017 works a treat. The negatives came back without light leaks. Very nice little camera to use.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Old 25-02-22, 09:13 PM   #8099
yokohama

I like the 500G too and much prefer it to the Olympus 35RC i had, which was too small and finicky. Plus the Ricoh light meter works in manual. One of mine broke - the shutter speed wouldn't change. Same problem as here.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/230150...7621916312288/
The plastic tab had broken. I managed to repair it with superglue and it seems to have worked but I haven't put a film through and tested it properly yet.
XD5 worked OK when I used it but I won't know for sure until I see the results. I made the mistake of taking 200ASA film; should have gone for 100. It was much sunnier and brighter than I expected
Old 03-03-22, 09:40 PM   #8100
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Okay fantasy camera chat time. This September I'm off to Spain for a week and a bit with Los Muchachos (Teh Ladz). This time we'll be stopping in three places and riding every other day so while not through the Pyrenees, we are in the Picos and heading out to Santiago de la Compostela. Last time I took an Ensign 820 6x9 with Portra 400, heavy beast and unfortunately crap (still not sure why, possibly film flatness as everything seemed to work). What to take this time? 35mm RF? SLR would be too big. 6x6 MF folder? fewer shots though. I think I'm leaning towards an RF, but which one? My favourite has to be the Konica S, but a Zeiss Contessa is smaller and possibly easier to use.