SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-11-09, 11:10 AM   #1
bengrrr

Default Us Londoners are having to deal with it, and if we don't get behind the issue we'll all have to pay the tax

This may or may not be known to you all, Westminster council have bought in pay-to-park scheme in london central. This is an unfair tax brought in by Blue nose conservatives as another way to make money from us all. Yes the price is small but it wont stay like this for long.
OH By-the-way. They are planning this nationwide, soon you'll all have to pay to park your bike! Even though we pay tax, even though we use a minute space compared to cars, even though they said it was to cover improvement costs (Blatant lie) etc etc blah blah....
TAKE A LOOK. If you want to support or object feel free but at least take a peak!

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=9...b&e=ac333ad5a2
Old 27-11-09, 11:14 AM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Us Londoners are having to deal with it, and if we don't get behind the issue we'll all have to pay the tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengrrr View Post
This may or may not be known to you all, Westminster council have bought in pay-to-park scheme in london central. This is an unfair tax brought in by Blue nose conservatives as another way to make money from us all. Yes the price is small but it wont stay like this for long.
OH By-the-way. They are planning this nationwide, soon you'll all have to pay to park your bike! Even though we pay tax, even though we use a minute space compared to cars, even though they said it was to cover improvement costs (Blatant lie) etc etc blah blah....
TAKE A LOOK. If you want to support or object feel free but at least take a peak!

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=9...b&e=ac333ad5a2
Try the search, we have discussed this in depth, turned up to meets and then lost interest when they tried to suggest we blackmail retailers to give them money...

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 11:16 AM   #3
bengrrr

Default Re: Us Londoners are having to deal with it, and if we don't get behind the issue we'll all have to pay the tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Try the search, we have discussed this in depth, turned up to meets and then lost interest when they tried to suggest we blackmail retailers to give them money...
I admit its not run very smoothly and don't myself like some of the ways its been run. However its just to show you that the plans have been discussed about nationwide role out. Personally I think the guy who run this campaign is a bit off on his points. That said this wont go away unless we keep pushing them.
Old 27-11-09, 12:09 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
That said this wont go away unless we keep pushing them.
This is a good point, weather i'm a fan of how the guys are running it or what they are doing with the money they have raised so far...they are the only ones who are doing anything about it and if we all show apathy towards this then Westminster will have won. Its what they want, for us to fall out amongst ourselves and the cause to dwindle away.

I will try and make the demo if i can.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 12:18 PM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

You all know my feelings on the subject
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 12:26 PM   #6
dawn07

Oooh! Makes my blood boil!
Old 28-11-09, 10:10 AM   #7
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
This is an unfair tax brought in by Blue nose conservatives as another way to make money from us all.
Nice one, turn it in to a little political rant.
Take a look around; the political hue of the local authority means nothing when it comes to taking your money.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote