SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-08-16, 07:38 PM   #1
Chris Jennings

Default Headlight change from single to twin

Hi chaps just wondering how hard it is to change my sv headlight from the big single one to a set of twin lights also want to take my original clocks off and replace with a vapor digital set is there a lot of work needed or is it pretty straight forward do plugs need to be changed or is there a set I can buy which will simply plug in to my original connectors cheers chris
Old 17-08-16, 08:44 AM   #2
atassiedevil

Default Re: Headlight change from single to twin

You can get connectors for this (check ebay), and also if you want wind protection, plus twin lights check out my avatar pic, thats' a Raptor II fairing which has twin lights. I'd strongly suggest that you uprate the wiring to the bulb holders if you are going to fit bigger bulbs at any point. The standard wiring is crap, but there are things you can do to mitigate this. I'd also suggest fitting a sidelight as well.

From there its a case of doing the translations for all of the outputs to the vapour speedo. I never did that with my bike, as i quite liked the standard clocks.
Old 17-08-16, 11:05 AM   #3
Chris Jennings

Hi I'm going to put some dominator style headlight in with no fairings as mine is the naked model just not sure if there's going to be much trouble wiring them in to the standard headlight plugs or if theyl just plug straight in cheers chris
Old 17-08-16, 11:49 AM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

have you tried searching for Dominator lights using the forum search facility? There are many threads about it and (IIRC) a good one about fitting them...
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 01:24 PM   #5
Chris Jennings

Hi I haven't searched on here yet but I'll have a look now cheers ��
Old 21-08-16, 03:22 PM   #6
VT33

I converted my S to an N with twin headlights from a Buell XB and a vapor dash too. Wiring up any lights is a piece of cake. If you can get hold of a wiring diagram (there are looooaaaads for free out there), and have basic electrical knowledge (ie crimping or soldering, and a vague understanding of live/ground), you'll be absolutely fine. Ground to ground, low beam to low beam, high beam to high beam, simple as that! Vapor is also easy - power to battery, a wire to an ignition coil for rpm, and a magnet on the front rotor for the speedo. Any questions feel free to ask
Old 22-08-16, 03:58 AM   #7
Chris Jennings

Hi thanks for reply I'm gonna order the bits this weekend one of the auto electricians from work are going to do it for me so hopefully I won't have any problems will let u know how I get on cheers Chris
Old 22-08-16, 09:38 AM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Is it curvy or pointy?

Pointy I would advise against it because the dash is handy to have for diagnostic and TPS setting.
Old 22-08-16, 03:15 PM   #9
Chris Jennings

I have the naked model having to replace the clocks as the Rev counter has stopped working and can't find out what's wrong with it cheaper to replace clocks with a vapor unit for 100 quid than 300 for a second hand original clocks!
Old 23-08-16, 10:19 AM   #10
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Internals from an S model fit I think, and they're cheaper. This is for injected not carbed