SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-03-11, 04:43 PM   #1
SUPERSTARDJ01

Default Possible 2011 riders4research event - WSB @ Silverstone 29th-31st July

Having got permission to post this else where I thought i'd share with you guys, it is for everyone even though it's on an Aprilia forum-

Link- http://www.tuonozone.com/forums/show...29th-31st-July

Thread-
Had an email from the Clubs Co-ordinator at Silverstone yesterday regarding events coming up this year and the special bike club offers available.

I ran a riders4research event last year to watch the BSB in September. The idea was to raise money for Cancer Research UK and have a bit of fun at the same time. Turnout was good and we raised a decent bit of money. Two things that I think stopped more people attending, I guess, was time of year and the fact it was a BSB meet.

So, got me thinking. What about the WSB there in July this year? It’s the weekend of the 29th, 30th and 31st July. By booking in as a club member you’ll get 20% off your entry ticket costing you £40 for the whole weekend. In addition to this you’ll get club parking within the circuit grounds, free paddock access and free grandstand access.

I’m going to simplify the way we raise money this year. If riders wish to attend they just need to drop me a PM. I will reply with the promo code to obtain the discounted tickets and a PayPal address for you to send whatever donation you feel happy with for Cancer Research UK.

Last year’s riders4research event was attended by a great bunch of lads and some guy that claims to know his way around an Aprilia

I’d like to make this year’s event even bigger and better. It’s my way of thanking Cancer Research UK for helping me personally when I suffered with cancer 5 years ago at the age of 24 and for the help they tried to give my mum who lost a 7 year battle with the sickening disease and passed away on 30th November 2010. At the age of 56 she left her mum without a daughter, my dad without his soul mate and wife, my brother and I without a mum, my daughters without their nan and the 100’s of pupils she taught over the years without their inspirational teacher. I doubt there is anyone out there who has not directly been or knows of someone who has been affected by this disease. Running these events won’t make a huge difference but I’d like to think the money raised will help in some way.

I need to let the Clubs Co-ordinator know if we will be planning to attend any of the meetings their this year ASAP. To have club status it states we need 20 riders or more to attend, if not, we won’t go, simples. Last year, we were the only people to attend, not technically run as a proper club, yet had the biggest turnout.

I'd love to have my wingman attend again this year to spin the spanners, as he alone raised a decent amount of money for Cancer Research UK and actually enticed more people to attend to have some work done. I've not spoken to him yet and don't want to put pressure on being it's a busy time of year and it does fall on his day off which means better half duties!