SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-09-06, 08:39 PM   #1
aposegil

Default Sensible Can for K5 new owner

Hello to all

Ive been about few weeks reading up etc and picked up my lovely black SV650 K5 week ago, only 6K on the clocks and rides lovely and love the torque on it

Well as im using it to commute in london I want a nicer can on there so people can hear me and im reading most of your post on here, but still not sure what to go for

I use to have a ZXR400 and i could stand the Micron Race can on there plus police could here you coming lol

but i wouldnt mind slightly deeper note like my mate from work RSV (def like to get that as next bike) or SP's or ducati u know you notice them coming but wont give u headache after 30 mins and lovely sports noise to it.

I was thinking of trying to run standard SV1000's can's, love the can on both sides look, but ive read up and it effects the power and if you look at proper SV1000 system then only use one can. So that be a big no no for me lol

so please people put your advise
Old 21-09-06, 08:54 PM   #2
clio172

I've not heard of a ZXR4000 before sounds awesome, is it some kind of top fuel dragster or the next model up from the ZZR1400?!

Most cans sound nice on an SV, look at the quality of the can, most people find scorpions too raspy but I was very happy with mine, the quality is superb.

I would be tempted to look at a quill T3 if I were to buy a new can, apparently you can keep the sound down to a sensible volume when you need to, they look well made too.
Old 21-09-06, 09:04 PM   #3
aposegil

so sorry mate i meant ZXR400 lol

also yeah the quill T3 seems to be the choice anyone got a sound clip or knwo where i can look for one?
Old 21-09-06, 09:07 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Have a read of the exhaust section of the site, you'll find it here

http://forums.sv650.org/viewforum.php?f=42

Theres loads of threads in there about this very subject.

Best advice I can give is to buy the one you like the look and sound off, you dont have to spend mega money on a can to get something that sounds nice IMHO.

HTH, welcome to the site

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-06, 09:12 PM   #5
aposegil

sorry didnt see that section lol

not very good on my behalf lol

thanx mate
Old 21-09-06, 09:20 PM   #6
clio172

Ah yes the ZXR400! Nice looking bikes, probably not quite so fast as the ZXR4000 but a lot cheaper to insure I should imagine?

All the cans i've heard do sound nice on the SV, there are fluctuations, but I don't think you'd be dissapointed with any, they'll all be fairly deep in tone after a ZXR, as I say I would look more at quality vs price.
Old 21-09-06, 09:25 PM   #7
aposegil

Trust me mate my micron race can was silly loud my mate could still hear me over 1/2 mile away

i know race cans can be very loud but im trying to find a vid of a quil one sound liek could be the one

also is it worth going for a system proper stainless one means last me longer?
Old 21-09-06, 09:29 PM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Try this, theres some sound clips on the main site.

http://www.sv650.org/audiovisual/quill.wav

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-06, 09:36 PM   #9
clio172

Oh yes I appreciate the ZXR would be loud, but you mentioned you liked the idea of a deep tone, I would imagine that any aftermarket exhaust will give a much deeper tone than you could ever achieve on the ZXR? Happy hunting...