SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 26-06-10, 01:38 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default AR planning n junk

OK its drawing ever nearer, ive got all kinds of excited butterflies doing all manner of weird and wonderful things in my belly and some twitching in my groin region too.

So...

Lets use this thread for all soho related shenanigans to do with the AR.

Firslty, i know from keiths thread that a few peeps are planning to take a leisurely ride there and that got me thinking back to a few years back when the Big Apes very generously met us at the ace and took everyones gear in their van.
So, is anyone planning on driving there?

if so what kind of thing you got?
Will you be willing to carry peoples tents/sleepers/kit if they contribute toward your fuel costs?
Should we even consider all chipping in a few quid and hiring a cheapo van for the weekend and having some kind soul drive that?

All ideas welcome gang but please lets try and keep it brief and on topic (yes i'm aware how rich that is coming from me but ive got my sensible head on at the moment)

Over to you all...
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 12:19 AM   #2
monkey

Default Re: AR planning n junk

Ms monkey and Ms Bear might be able to take some kit down dependant on a few factors. As soon as I know yay or nay I'll post up. We've only got a little motor unfortunately.
Old 28-06-10, 07:30 AM   #3
BernardBikerchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
OK its drawing ever nearer, ive got all kinds of excited butterflies doing all manner of weird and wonderful things in my belly and some twitching in my groin region too.

Get A rooooooooooooooooooom !!!!! pmsl ! i can help with that don't you know !!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, moving on to sensibleness.... i am hoping with all my lady parts crossed that i will have a bike by then but who knows if the insurers will sort out my bike by then ....... so unless anyone wants to lend me a nice pointy 650 for the weekend payment in kind of course ! then I will be going in the ever faithful peanut for secong time running gutted if that is the case as really want to ride but long as i can pillion on the red one then i'll be happy ! ( lupo GIT don't you i got know goes like stink don't u know!) and will take anything in her too plus will gladly do all the bbq shopping stuff in the eveing etc .................. but should the first option come good or me gets a bike then won't be driving ...... so i'll keep you updated !!!........

bbc i love u jamie bear !!!!
Old 28-06-10, 08:35 AM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

extremely doubtful, busted foot, so probably miss this one.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 09:48 AM   #5
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBikerchick View Post
so unless anyone wants to lend me a nice pointy 650 for the weekend payment in kind of course ! then I will be going in the ever faithful peanut
No peanut required.
That gives me a deadline to get mine back on the road...I work much better to deadlines. Do you have third party insurance to ride other bikes or do you need to be added to my policy?
No worries if you have your own bike sorted by then.

Mark, you've said that a few places but no details anywhere that I can see. What happened ?

Last edited by Stu; 28-06-10 at 09:49 AM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 05:39 PM   #6
BernardBikerchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
No peanut required.
That gives me a deadline to get mine back on the road...I work much better to deadlines. Do you have third party insurance to ride other bikes or do you need to be added to my policy?
No worries if you have your own bike sorted by then.

Mark, you've said that a few places but no details anywhere that I can see. What happened ?

aww thanks chuck i'll let you know ! peanut may turn out to be very useful but still undecided yet and depends on how i get on with insurance !
Old 29-06-10, 09:02 AM   #7
BernardBikerchick

i can say with a degree of certainty that IF i dont get a bike by then i am deffo gonna drive ...... not sure about van thing but my car is like a tardis !!!!!!! so will kee you all posted nearer the time and if i drive then pile me up with your things and sweaty undies and i will gladly bring them alond !
Old 29-06-10, 09:14 AM   #8
plowsie

Hey all, there is a small chance I may be in London on my Birthday (The thursday before the weekend) so I could meet people if they are desperate to transport stuff. It is not a definate thing because I have to see what the general consensus is with my mates first.
Old 06-07-10, 08:47 AM   #9
BernardBikerchick

looking more and more likely that I will have to drive now
Old 06-07-10, 09:02 AM   #10
plowsie

Come with me dude if you like...