SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 19-04-06, 10:14 AM   #1
Michael S

Default Support for Steve

He has had a bit of bad news and somebody's trying to make it worse. Visit the Total SV site to add your support please.

Michael.
Old 19-04-06, 12:46 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

The what site? Who?

I don't understand
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-06, 01:02 PM   #3
scooby2102

just been to the site, dont see anything

Am I missing the obvious ?
Old 19-04-06, 01:26 PM   #4
quikstu

Not the easiest to find but it seems that this Steve guy got done for speeding & is now paying the price.
Seems a fine & a ban were his punishment.

It would be interesting to know what speed he was doing in what speed limit & what the fine & ban was.

As far as I know speeding offences are only punished by a ban if you double the limit, exceed 100mph or have clocked up in excess of 12 pts.

Anyone???

Old 19-04-06, 03:09 PM   #5
Godikus

I think he ment the TOTAL SV forum just a few spaces above the ecosse one
Old 19-04-06, 10:49 PM   #6
independentphoto

This should shine some light on things....... have a nosey in the Irish section for full details.

Quote:
BelfastBiker2003 Wrote (In the TOTAL SV forum [IRISH Dept])

Hi all,

Last night I was going to the girlfriends house and was sitting at some red lights. They are those sort of ones that have pressure pads below them that detect if a car is waiting to go or not - but dont pick up the weight of a bike. So I am sitting there for ages and there is nothing anywhere even close to going through so decide to just go on. So I get a couple of miles down the road and I see behind me and hear the siren so I pull over.

So they are doing me for jumping a red light - even after i explained why - they said fair enough but you still did it!!!

Also they said I accelerated away from the lights so hard that I "must have been speeding" - no actual evidence and I dont think I was above 70 for more than about 5secs before I relalised my speed and slowed to 70!!!

Also they said that the way I was riding was classed as "Dangerous Driving" - they said I was putting others in danger - how? - well I was sitting just to the left of the white lines so I could see past the car in front of me so I knew if I could overtake or not!!! And this apparently is putting oncoming traffic in danger even though I am not on their side of the road!!!

So I am being recommended for prosecution on dangerous driving, speeding, and whatever it is called when you go through a red light!!!!

Complete prats

They must have had a bad cup of tea or something. I mean I live in an area where (especially on a saturday night) there is more important things they could be doing and they stop me - with NO evidence - and decide I am a criminal.

So with this in mind I am thinking of just dumping the bike and walking everywhere or getting a Mountain bike - I have not long got my licence back so if I am prosecuted I will lose it again for sure - for probably 12 months. Pod said worse case scenario is jail!!!!!!!!!!! I could have hit him!!!!!

So like I said with this in mind i am thinking of giving up the bike and also as such I might hand the reins of moderator ship to someone else - if you are interested pm me!!

Cheers guys so listening
Relates well to our own thread by Quedos HERE

Garry
Old 19-04-06, 11:23 PM   #7
SVTONYB

Steve is one of the boys from Ireland who came over here for a rideout with us.... a top bloke who has not had it easy with the police. I dont know the full ins and outs of whats happened on the forum only what it says on the site