SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-08-05, 09:19 PM   #1
didge

Default Oxford Hot Hands

i got my self a set of Oxford Hot Hands Heated Motorcycle Grips to day and they are so nice they keep meh hands realy realy warm i love em, any one els got them if s owhere have you fitted the switch?
Old 25-08-05, 09:23 PM   #2
lynw

Default Re: Oxford Hot Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by didge
i got my self a set of Oxford Hot Hands Heated Motorcycle Grips to day and they are so nice they keep meh hands realy realy warm i love em, any one els got them if s owhere have you fitted the switch?
In August??

Blimey you wait till winter hits good and proper. Even riding in the rain yesterday Ive not dug mine out...

Right, switch. Got mine tie cabled round the frame just under the tank... got a curvy SV though so you may not have the option. Wiring goe through to front under tank so no lose wires. HTH
Old 25-08-05, 09:42 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Oxford Hot Hands - is that the one with only a on/off switch?

Oxford Hot Grips - is that the one with the thermostat?

If its Hot Hands like mine, i just put the little switch on the left bar (just next to the clutch clamp) with zip ties that came in the pack, i run the wires under & behind the headstock. You cannot notice it much.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-05, 09:57 PM   #4
didge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Quote:
In August??

Blimey you wait till winter hits good and proper. Even riding in the rain yesterday Ive not dug mine out...

Right, switch. Got mine tie cabled round the frame just under the tank... got a curvy SV though so you may not have the option. Wiring goe through to front under tank so no lose wires. HTH
lol yer i wanted to see how warm the would get :P i needed them soon and they where going cheap
Old 25-08-05, 09:58 PM   #5
didge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
Oxford Hot Hands - is that the one with only a on/off switch?

Oxford Hot Grips - is that the one with the thermostat?

If its Hot Hands like mine, i just put the little switch on the left bar (just next to the clutch clamp) with zip ties that came in the pack, i run the wires under & behind the headstock. You cannot notice it much.

yer they where the Oxford Hot Hands - is that the one with only a on/off switch? i was thinking of sticking the switch to the dash or suming
Old 25-08-05, 10:10 PM   #6
lynw

Quote:
lol yer i wanted to see how warm the would get :P i needed them soon and they where going cheap

oh yes the kent weather is such a fickle thing... my hot hands wrap arounds [not grips] are sufficient for hour and a half with hour of motorway in that during winter. and dont need the muffs either
Old 25-08-05, 10:29 PM   #7
Wiltshire7

i dont know why i waited so long last year to get hot grips on my bike. it transforms riding in the cold when ur hands r warm.

i wont be waiting much longer before fitting mine...
Old 26-08-05, 12:07 AM   #8
Ping

I've got Daytonas on mine 'cuz they're the skinniest grips I could find for my tiny hands. They (The heated grips ) have 2 settings 'ooh, that's nice... but not quite enough' and 'Oooooooh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh.... AAAAARRRGGhh!!! OOOOWWWW!!!! It HURTS but I don't care 'cuz it's HEAT. OW OW OW ooooh, OW OW OW OW OW ooooh, OOOOOOOW!!!!'

And yes, I've used them through this summer on the un-seasonably chilly and/or wet days. Am I a wuss? Why yes... Yes I am...

It's odd, on the mornings this summer I've left the house, backed Roger off my front garden onto the footpath, then down the curb (I get fairly warm doing this) and get on the road and THEN I'm thinking.. 'brrr! It's a bit chilleh...' Then when I get on the open road it doesn't last long until the adrenalin hits and I don't even notice the chill... except for in my hands.

Heated grips - at any time of year - are awesome.

And thus ends my sermon. May the force be with you.
Old 26-08-05, 05:16 AM   #9
Red ones
Mega Poster

"brr it's cold" hits me as I wrap my hands round the mug of coffee at the ofice!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-05, 09:01 AM   #10
Liam

I've goy mine on the left bar, just inwards of where my thumb naturally sits, and slightly under horizontal. Makes it nice and easy to flick on if it starts raining or when it get dark.

Liam