SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 29-11-22, 06:47 PM   #8221
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I've checked it and it shows why I don't use viewfinder cameras, I can't estimate distance to save my life. It's a little off, the scale matches the film plane but the focus screen tells you to focus a touch longer than that, maybe 2%, so it's no the safe side esp if you use smaller apertures.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 10:29 PM   #8222
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I found out how to adjust the focus, will have a twiddle over Christmas. Left things a bit late so have been cleaning a K1000 I picked up over summer, it was grottier than I'd thought, all works fine though. Checked the shutter speeds of the Minolta while I was at it, all very good.
Old 11-12-22, 10:08 PM   #8223
Kenzie

Yeah, it was in pretty good condition. Was just hanging in my room so thought it time to move it on. How do you adjust the focus?

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-22, 10:16 PM   #8224
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

There's a manual on Learn Camera Repair. It looks like some screws to adjust, if I've read it right - I think normally you have to shim things?
Old 15-12-22, 03:17 PM   #8225
Kenzie

Bought a Panasonic GF1 as it had a cracked screen for a fiver. Turns out the LCD was fine but the lens was cracked. Managed to track down a donor in Italy of all places and managed to swap the parts over. Ended up changing the whole rear and LCD. Turned out to be ten screws and three ribbons to sort.

Old 15-12-22, 07:26 PM   #8226
yokohama

Nice job. What's the plan for it? A daily carry point and shoot? It looks fairly compact.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-22, 07:36 PM   #8227
Kenzie

Just to use it as and when. I have quite a few similar sized Olympus Pens. It's quite chunky though, a good inch thick but sits nicely in the palm. I also wanted to see how it stacked up against the Olympus offerings.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 15-12-22 at 09:31 PM.
Old 15-12-22, 09:50 PM   #8228
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

nice
Old 02-01-23, 09:28 PM   #8229
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Hope you all had a good Christmas and new year. Finally got my pics back from Snaps in Bournemouth, a 120 roll of FP4 from the Seagull 4A, and a roll of Poundland Agfa from my Contessa LKE which I took to Spain with me. Bit of a disaster all over really.

The FP4 has spots all over it to varying degrees. They don't seem to correlate to anything, but might be a problem Ilford were having with their backing paper at one point. Waiting for an email back from Snaps then will contact Ilford. OK pics, lens can be sharp.

Some of my holiday pics are OK, mainly the landscapes, but anything else is pretty blurry and often the focus is miles off. Anything indoors is focussed really long. I'll need to check it out, last time it was fine, but no idea what's going on there. I struggled to see the RF patch indoors, but the focal distances are miles away from what they should have been.

Had hoped to get the top off the SRT to adjust the focus screen but the winder won't budge, and the rewind was very tight indeed. Will check the meter out again (PX625 type) to figure out what to set it for, and finally put a film in it.

Last edited by johnnyrod; 02-01-23 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-01-23, 08:15 PM   #8230
yokohama

If you ever get the winder off, the other thing to be careful with the SRT is the final top cover fixing - the red dot for aligning the lens mount. Sometimes it's a screw, sometimes it's a bolt.
My Christmas was ruined by a Voigtlander Vito B which I'd picked up a few weeks earlier. Lovely condition, seems to be OK but slower shutter speeds sticking. It was relatively easy to disassemble, clean out the shutter and self-timer mechanisms but putting it all back was a nightmare. Firstly, after putting the slow shutter escapement back in place, the mechanism wouldn't complete the cycle. Following several attempts at removing and replacing, I found that if I backed off one of the fixing post screws 1/8 of a turn, everything would work.
Then. replacing the lens mount and aperture ring took me ages due to the weird system of little clamps that need aligning and fixing via screws behind the aperture ring and mount so it's almost impossible to see what's going on. Good thing I'd stocked up on booze to see me through it all.
After much kerfuffle, I finally got it sorted and collimated. Need to test it with film next.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote