SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-01-23, 08:59 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default A short ride on mucky roads.

Made it out for a short ride to Welshpool and back this afternoon, a round trip of about 25 miles. Lovely weather while I was out walking Mabel so when we got back I changed into bike kit and as soon as I stepped outside to get on the bike it started drizzling.

Still, it was nice to be on the SV. I'd almost forgotten how sweetly it runs, particularly since replacing the leaky header pipe. Quick visit to the supermarket for an item I needed then up to Coco for coffee and cake. When I got off the bike outside Coco, I realised with horror just how mucky the roads are as the bike was caked in crap. Back home and it was straight out with multiple buckets of cold water and a brush to clean it all off. Mud, mixed with road salt. Not a happy combination!

The old girl is clean again now and tucked away once more. Nice to get out though.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-23, 10:08 AM   #2
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: A short ride on mucky roads.

That's one of the things that puts me off riding at this time of year, the 20-minute wash-off when you get home. I cannot just put the bike away dirty.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-23, 11:20 AM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
That's one of the things that puts me off riding at this time of year, the 20-minute wash-off when you get home. I cannot just put the bike away dirty.
I couldn't leave it mucky Craig, as much as anything it was the thought of what the salt would do to it. It was worth the effort I reckon, so good to get out and ride even for a short distance.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-23, 12:27 PM   #4
Craig380
Mega Poster

Agreed ... at this time of year I try and wait until it's been dry for a couple of consecutive days, which helps to reduce the amount of road muck (but not always!)
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote