SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-09-07, 11:40 AM   #21
Warthog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Cheers then.
Oh Si I'm sorry, I thought Newbury was north of the M4. South of the M4 towards London is further away from me, but if we went more West then it would be closer to Newbury and me, like Wantage, Harwell and Wallingford. We had this idea on the rideout to draw a line from where we all are, and where they all bisect, thats where the pub is. Jon said he would do it, he is a project manager .
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 11:47 AM   #22
ASM-Forever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Oh Si I'm sorry, I thought Newbury was north of the M4. South of the M4 towards London is further away from me, but if we went more West then it would be closer to Newbury and me, like Wantage, Harwell and Wallingford. We had this idea on the rideout to draw a line from where we all are, and where they all bisect, thats where the pub is. Jon said he would do it, he is a project manager .
I'm pretty sure this would work out around the area i live in, judging by the map.

Somewhere around Henley/Maidenhead anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 01:04 PM   #23
KnightRider
Member
Mega Poster
 
KnightRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cox Green, Maidenhead
Posts: 1,624
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Jon said he would do it, he is a project manager .
Thanks for the nomination, you obviously know that I have too much time on my hands.

The primary groups of people seem to be located in the Reading, Maidenhead and Slough areas. We also have 3 fringe members (who are never the less core members/the most important member - our admin) BigApe, Warthog and Philbut located in Newbury and Oxford.

Now I am sure that Warthog would love for us to have one of the locations right outside his house, but unfortunately we do need to accomadate the majority of our members and we therefore need to locate each pub closer to the center of the TV area to ensure that we get a good turn out for each meet.

4 pubs should be plenty and here are my suggestions:

1 - Maidenhead area close to the majority of members. The Shire Horse works perfectly as everyone knows where it is and it has that nice heated area outside.

2 - Near Simon in the Reading/Wokingham area (Simon works in Reading so I am hoping that he doesn't mind doing his usual commute home?). The Pack Horse therefore seems like a good candidate as it is close to work for Simon but is also to the North of Reading making it easier for the Oxford lot.

3 - Near the Oxford boys Philbut and Warthog. The Wallingford, Abingdon and Didcot area seems like a good bet as it is a quick commute for Simon down the A34 and a straight forward drive for everyone in the Maidenhead area. If anyone has any suggestions of pubs please let us know.

4 - Somewhere in the middle which is relatively central for everyone. The general Henley area would seem to be a good idea but again I dont know of any pubs that would be suitable. Please post suggestions.

You may have noticed that I haven't included the Fleur De Lis pub near the M40. This is because it isnt close to anyone and there may be other pubs that are more suitable. It does have one redeeming feature though...it is cheap.

Let me know if you agree/disagree. One thing is for certain though, once we have deceided on the pubs lets not change them for at least 6 months.

Jon
__________________
"Bah" - ASM Forever, RIP. 13/03/1986 - 05/04/2008
"I'm so crazy" - Lulu West, RIP, 16/04/1995 - 16/07/2009

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 01:38 PM   #24
philbut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

I do have a suggestion, should we decide to have a meet up nearer to Oxford, or even just a one off: Mondays are bike night at Fox's and usually draw a pretty big crowd, bigger than weekends in my experience. Not sure about the situation now the nights are drawing in, but maybe one to bear in mind when we are on the other side of the rubbish weather. I'm gonna go down tonight to check it out and try and find out if they continue through winter.

Food till 9pm too so could be an alternative if we get bored of the usual tuesday pub meet. more bikes to drool over too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 02:07 PM   #25
KnightRider
Member
Mega Poster
 
KnightRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cox Green, Maidenhead
Posts: 1,624
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
I do have a suggestion, should we decide to have a meet up nearer to Oxford, or even just a one off: Mondays are bike night at Fox's and usually draw a pretty big crowd, bigger than weekends in my experience. Not sure about the situation now the nights are drawing in, but maybe one to bear in mind when we are on the other side of the rubbish weather. I'm gonna go down tonight to check it out and try and find out if they continue through winter.

Food till 9pm too so could be an alternative if we get bored of the usual tuesday pub meet. more bikes to drool over too.
I was going to say that Fox's was in an ideal location for the oxford meet. I cant say that it would be a bad thing having one meet that is on a different night. That way anyone who regularly cant come out to play on a Tuesday can still see us.

Lets discuss at the next meet.
__________________
"Bah" - ASM Forever, RIP. 13/03/1986 - 05/04/2008
"I'm so crazy" - Lulu West, RIP, 16/04/1995 - 16/07/2009

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 02:40 PM   #26
ASM-Forever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Seems good to me Jon.

Just one issue though. I though the ape wanted to have one pub that is revisited regularly, so its the main meet and people can just turn up.

If that the case, i reckon the main pub should be central(maidenhead/henley-ish). Then perhaps the other 3 can alternate over the other weeks.

Everything i have said might be based on b*ll*cks though

Last edited by Stig; 24-09-07 at 05:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 02:45 PM   #27
Warthog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Baskerville Arms? RG9 3NY . Apparently has very good reviews, but I haven't been there myself. Jus tbrowsing the beerintheevening website.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 02:47 PM   #28
Warthog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

The Unicorn? RG9 5LX . Also nice apparently although small.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 04:43 PM   #29
StreetHawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Seems good to me Jon.

Just one issue though. I though the ape wanted to have one pub that is revisited regularly, so its the main meet and people can just turn up.

If that the case, i reckon the main pub should be central(maidenhead/henley-ish). Then perhaps the other 3 can alternate over the other weeks.

Everything i have said might be based on ******** though
Surely people will check the TV section if the want to come along to the meet. All the info will be in there well in advance of the meet. Don't see why we need main meeting place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 05:06 PM   #30
ASM-Forever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
Surely people will check the TV section if the want to come along to the meet. All the info will be in there well in advance of the meet. Don't see why we need main meeting place.
Like i said, i seem to remember it being a point BigApe made! Assuming i'm remembering correctly im sure he will explain.

Talking of the ape where is he? The sunday rideout thread hasn't been moved yet and his general air of oppression isn't around
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
unity ride 17 Aug ANY Thames valley lot going ?? tonyk Thames Valley 7 18-08-08 10:30 AM
Map of Thames Valley Members KnightRider Thames Valley 39 29-08-07 09:01 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.