SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-04-24, 10:27 AM   #4081
redtrummy

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Its cold here today - after the bug I caught recently its too cold outside for me - Oh its raining again!
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-24, 11:56 AM   #4082
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Still feels way too cold for me to be riding. It's nice when the sun is out but still a cold wind. Don't think I've ever been waiting until May to get the bike out
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-24, 12:35 PM   #4083
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Currently nursing a bit of a headache after a two day work trip to Bridgwater. I'd like to think it was down to the hotel last night having sealed windows and A/C (I'm used to having a window open at all times of the year) but may have been down to the 6X in the hotel bar...

Drove home very gingerly on cruise control and now I've had several cups of tea I'll hppefully feel a bit better soon. Annoyingly I need to log on soon and pretend to work the rest of the day. Boo!
Old 29-04-24, 05:00 PM   #4084
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Evening all, how is everyone? We had a very pleasant day mooching about Shrewsbury today. Caught the train in from Gobowen to Shrewsbury, very nice coffee and carrot cake at a pleasant place opposite the station, a walk with the dogs in the quarry, light lunch at Okra, a scull round some of the charity shops, tea at Ginger and Co, then the train back.

And I don’t feel in the slightest bit guilty about being unproductive all day.

Last edited by garynortheast; 29-04-24 at 05:02 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-24, 06:15 PM   #4085
Craig380
Mega Poster

Pretty good here, thanks, Gary.

M-i-L has settled very well in the care home, all the stresses, worries and anxieties she had about living on her own have visibly lifted from her and this in turn has dramatically reduced stress on my wife.

Also had a good 90-mile thrash through the Staffs moorlands. I recently ran a couple of tanks of V-Power through the bike and it's absolutely flying at the moment.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-24, 08:57 AM   #4086
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Evening all, how is everyone? We had a very pleasant day mooching about Shrewsbury today. Caught the train in from Gobowen to Shrewsbury, very nice coffee and carrot cake at a pleasant place opposite the station, a walk with the dogs in the quarry, light lunch at Okra, a scull round some of the charity shops, tea at Ginger and Co, then the train back.

And I don’t feel in the slightest bit guilty about being unproductive all day.
Sounds a lovely day out. We like Shrewsbury for a day out.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-24, 05:38 PM   #4087
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

My moron next-door neighbour has got his scrapyard-dodging chainsaw out again. All he ever does is cut things down. I've told him it's nesting time but he does not care, claiming he needs to clear thd overgrown bushes at the bottom of his garden now while he has time. Words fail me.
Old 01-05-24, 08:03 AM   #4088
redtrummy

It would annoy me too Trev. It was too wet to cut my hedge ditch side last autumn. Its got to wait now until early autumn.

.. .
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 09:39 AM   #4089
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning all. Mild and a bit cloudy here, but warm enough to have the back door open so I could hear the birds singing while I was getting breakfast ready.

My hedge around the front garden won't need cutting for another couple of years yet. It's a native, mixed species hedge I planted last year at the end of the winter. It's grown really well over the 13 months it's been in, but I want it up to around 6ft in height before I top it.

Long list of jobs to do here today, shopping, some housework, trip to the recycling centre, and some training modules I need to complete before the end of next month for my involvement with the council tenants' panel of which I'm a member. I need to get into the garden to sow carrots, parsnips, and beetroot seed as well.

If the weather stays dry I may use the bike to go and do the groceries shopping and put off the recycling trip till Friday when I'm in town with the car anyway.

How is everyone else's day shaping up?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 02:53 PM   #4090
Craig380
Mega Poster

Just back from mother-in-law's house after having some estate agents visit to value it.

A couple of the PVC double-glazed units in the house had blown and gone misty. We found the paperwork & warranty (my wife's dad was fastidious about keeping documents) and discovered that the 10-year warranty expires in 8 days time. So we made a quick phone call and the units are getting replaced free!

While we were there we saw our first housemartins of the year, which was nice.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote