SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-05-09, 09:55 AM   #1
davepreston

Question intercom for 99p

well 2 actually, just won and got delivered 2 intercoms (rider to pillon) for 99p SWEET, but was wondering if there any good, now im not expecting miricales for that money but could any of you that have used them to give me any feed back on how good\bad they are

a nady pmc-3
a tronic h-3050

cheers
Old 27-05-09, 12:50 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: intercom for 99p

Got a pic? I'd imagine anything this cheap would also be sold to all and sundry who may rename them.

i bought a cheapo set from Lidl a few years ago and they were better than shouting for rider/pillion chit chat.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-09, 12:53 PM   #3
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-09, 10:27 PM   #4
Ploppy

ive just been to the Le Man gp on the bike, 1225 miles with an intercom from flea-bay (curtesy of hong kong). When it came through he post it didnt work and had to solder some components to make it work, doh, after that it was....... ok, it worked for most of the journey at least. We couldnt use it on the motorway because of the wind noise but as soon as you slowed down in town then it was ok. It was one of those ones that resembles a head phone plug thingy, it hurts the old ear after about 60-70 miles. On the return journey it broke when we got back to Dover, the head peice just fell to bits lol, it did about 950-1000 miles before dying.

On the whole it was well worth the money so we could talk over all those miles but for next time we will invest in a fancy pants intercom with all the bells and whistles

But for 99p..... whos complaining with that

*Edit* Ive just googled those two intercom's you posted and the one i had was the tronic h-3050

Last edited by Ploppy; 27-05-09 at 10:29 PM.
Old 28-05-09, 10:52 AM   #5
philbut

Tronic ones are the Lidl ones. You can have mine too for postage, it is s**t. Uncomfortable and no noise cancelling (but for 4.99 what do you expect). I gave it a go as it was so cheap and it might be ok for round town stuff, but any kind of speed just results in massive wind noise. I now have an Autocom which is in a completely different league - well worth the money IMO.
Old 28-05-09, 12:38 PM   #6
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
well 2 actually, just won and got delivered 2 intercoms (rider to pillon) for 99p SWEET, but was wondering if there any good, now im not expecting miricales for that money but could any of you that have used them to give me any feed back on how good\bad they are

a nady pmc-3
a tronic h-3050

cheers
Nady are good arent they, am sure they pretty expensive
Old 28-05-09, 12:48 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Tronic ones are the Lidl ones. You can have mine too for postage, it is s**t. Uncomfortable and no noise cancelling (but for 4.99 what do you expect). I gave it a go as it was so cheap and it might be ok for round town stuff, but any kind of speed just results in massive wind noise. I now have an Autocom which is in a completely different league - well worth the money IMO.
Yeh you're rigth there. i dug it out and its the same. And really only good for town speeds as said.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote