SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 07-07-10, 03:02 PM   #1
muddi

Default Helmsley - Thurs 8th July

Anyone fancy meeting up in Helmsley tomorrow around dinner time ish?? Think I might go to the gym in the morning then have a bimble up afterwards. Should be there around 12.30-1.00pm. Have a cuppa then bimble home lol. I got to be back by 3.30pm for daughter getting in from school.

Or could even have a ride up together? I will be going through Otley, Harrogate and via Ripley on the A61 as I think its a nicer ride over and up Sutton Bank.

Or I could meet you and go a different route - im easy

Probably setting off around 11.30 ish so not too early, but if anyone want s to ride up and needs to set off early I can do that too lol
Old 08-07-10, 07:26 PM   #2
muddi

Default Re: Helmsley - Thurs 8th July

Had a nice little ride about, Didn't set off till just before 12ish but pottered up through Thirsk and up Sutton Bank into Helmsley. Saw a blue pointy with a pillion just setting off as I parked up in the car park.
Was lovely and warm, got a drink and had a wander around then came back a slightly different route into Ripon and then onto the Sun Inn near me for a cup of tea lol. Was going to call off at the famous Ripley's Ice-cream place but couldn't be bothered.

I did 125 miles all together and made a nice afternoons ride out, was a nice change..

Had an audi up my butt all the way from Sun Inn to Skipton but managed to lose it when I came back over the moors hehe.

** oh and must remember to drop down another gear when going up Sutton Bank - went a bit too fast and forgot how sharp the last bend is at the top, thought I was going to end up in the car park via the bushes lol - oopsie.

Had a good day out - ooh and I forgot was childs parents evening!! As I walked thru the door I was told to hurry up and change as we had to set off straight away! So quick change from leathers to jeans and I was out of the door again lol.

All in all a good afternoons ride!