SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-01-11, 01:48 PM   #1
Jimmy2Feet

Default Which intercom?

Hi guys,

Sory if this is a repost, but supprisingly i cant find exactly what i was looking for!

I want a rider to pillion intercom, that can also have MP3 player of some kind plugged into and will also accept seperate headphones not the standard onese that most of then have wired in.

i dont need bike to bike, and not bothered about being able to plug in sat nav or anything.

i am aware of Autocom and Starcom products, and am happy that these are the best two on the market, and have read several old threads about them. However want to see if there is cheaper products available that would do the same job that i need it to!

Cheers in advance for the help.

oh also not all too bothered if they are in the pocket with a battery job, dont need to be hard wired into the bike
Old 24-01-11, 01:51 PM   #2

Default Re: intercom

Oxford one works well I bought better in helmet speakers etc from ebay and goes well.

Needs power from bike really though to get best performance..

oxprod.co.uk
Old 24-01-11, 01:52 PM   #3
custard

used an oxford bike mike. found it to be utter £h!t
Old 24-01-11, 02:03 PM   #4

2 opposed opinions lol

Still using mine and still cant fault it for the cash
Old 24-01-11, 02:48 PM   #5
Jimmy2Feet

humm, yeah just looked into this, looks ok, more posotive reviews than negatve. what one you got? 1, 2, 3 or 4?
Old 24-01-11, 04:01 PM   #6

uhm I have the one before the latest which I think is 3, and I got the headphones (or at least I think I did) from ebay, but come to think of it I may have just used the standard ones.

For the money its good, if I had £300 id buy an autocom
Old 24-01-11, 04:19 PM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Autocom - does exactly what you want. Can find them on Ebay for ok money.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-11, 07:43 PM   #8
neio79

Buy cheap buy twice.

I Have Auto comm easi duo active. Has Rider to pillion, Mp3, phone connectivity, bike to bike, etc.

the sound on MP3 upto about a ton is excellent. Also the auto attenuation when you speak works well.

If you are buying for your pillions saftey like i did for having my daughter on my bike. then dont buy a second rate product.

Auto comm and starcomm cost a lot more for a reason.
Old 24-01-11, 08:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Buy cheap buy twice.

I Have Auto comm easi duo active. Has Rider to pillion, Mp3, phone connectivity, bike to bike, etc.

the sound on MP3 upto about a ton is excellent. Also the auto attenuation when you speak works well.

If you are buying for your pillions saftey like i did for having my daughter on my bike. then dont buy a second rate product.

Auto comm and starcomm cost a lot more for a reason.
yea.. over priced

the oxford is ok it doesnt have all the features of the others but work A ok and I have tested it over many miles
Old 25-01-11, 10:02 AM   #10
Jimmy2Feet

Default Re: Which intercom?

i have yet to find a bad review for the new oxford 4 system. does everything that the autocom/starcom does, execpt from bike to bike, and i am really not bothered about that. its only £100 for the oxford, against twice that for the starcom, and even more again for autocom. I know that they are probably better products, but i cant see that they are worth twice the price, and i also have other things (luggage etc) to buy as well,

But if i had the option of both at the same price......it would be auto/starcom every time..........hard choice!!