SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-01-22, 05:21 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Next!

Bloody hell, are we just going to rerun a complete English version of the trump fiasco. Can we expect a storming of parliament by a crowd of far right loons and nutjobs come the next election? Aside from the crowd of far right loons and nutjobs who appear to have stormed the last election that is.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...latest-updates

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0a864b07c5f11
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 06:26 PM   #2
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Next!

Unfortunately, when there is so much crap going highlighting their sheer incompetence and disregard for the Public, they need to hide they generate a smokescreen of distraction.

They're the sort of people who, in a public bathroom, would try and cover the sound of sh!tting by vomiting all over the floor - with all of the noises as loud as possible.

Boris will stay in as long as possible, so he can be blamed for what he did/allowed as it comes out the woodwork. No doubt there's more to come, so he'll be in a little longer. When there's no more stories he'll go and the next person picks up the poisoned chalice.
Until the next GE when Tory's get sent to the bottom of the World, and Lord Buckethead is made PM.

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 20-01-22 at 06:27 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 09:30 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

and they said the SNP were a bunch of incompetent nobody's. maybe now people can understand why Scotland want independence away from the people in Westminster.

for anything to get done (more to the point not get done) the English public need to vote for anybody but the big three but it wont happen coz they have been brainwashed and like good little serfs they do what they are told. whoever came up with the slogan "its a wasted vote" was a genius mind control expert.

it can change.. Scotland is proof.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 09:29 AM   #4
ethariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
and they said the SNP were a bunch of incompetent nobody's. maybe now people can understand why Scotland want independence away from the people in Westminster.
Forgive me but I'm pretty sure that Scotland voted to remain part of the Union in a 'Once in a generation vote'.

The Minority want independence.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 10:24 AM   #5
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Forgive me but I'm pretty sure that Scotland voted to remain part of the Union in a 'Once in a generation vote'.

The Minority want independence.
They did so on the assurance that they would remain part of the EU. I believe the polls have shown for quite some time since then that the majority now favour independence.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 10:40 AM   #6
ethariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
They did so on the assurance that they would remain part of the EU. I believe the polls have shown for quite some time since then that the majority now favour independence.
Oh yes I forgot it's the Minority rule - Keep calling for a vote till you get your own way then quickly set in law that it can never be voted for again.
Old 21-01-22, 11:34 AM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Oh yes I forgot it's the Minority rule - Keep calling for a vote till you get your own way then quickly set in law that it can never be voted for again.
its not the minority its the SNP, you know the people that run Scotland that want the change, its part of their policy to try and get independence.
Old 21-01-22, 11:48 AM   #8
ethariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
its not the minority its the SNP, you know the people that run Scotland that want the change, its part of their policy to try and get independence.
Absolutely, the 'We called for a once in a generation vote and lost so we will just keep calling for another vote and another and another and another till people get sick of it and we get out way at last' party.

All I wonder is how Scotland will ever pay off thier Barnett Formula calculated share of the National Debt they will inherit when North Sea Oil will be shutting down due to 'It's not Green'?
Old 21-01-22, 03:01 PM   #9
Bibio
Mega Poster

there are other country's in the world that have either split up or gained independence from their parent country.. do we see those parent country's who have supported the offspring before they departed asking for money back... ermm no.

it was not Scotland that asked for the barnett formula it was westminster who gave it out. i dont get this national debt thing. Scotland like Wales and Northern Ireland get a block grant to look after their affairs, those block grants are dependant on westminster's spending/budget. its not holyrood that dragged the UK into debt its the stupidity of westminster and its school tie bum buddies.

the wheels on the bus go round and round.

if the UK want everyone to be equal then its about time we were all amalgamated into one country, people and currency. this should have been done right at the start.
Old 22-01-22, 09:43 AM   #10
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Absolutely, the 'We called for a once in a generation vote and lost so we will just keep calling for another vote and another and another and another till people get sick of it and we get out way at last' party.
Easy answer. Get the SNP to campaign for a referendum south or the border on whether to split with Scotland. They just need to explain how much Scotland costs the rest of the UK, and everyone south of Watford Gap will vote for it.

Then they can spend decades trying to avoid paying their share of the national debt and blaming Westminster for that too. You can imagine Wee Ginger Krankie saying, "And WE didn't vote for the motorways in Scotland, so I don't see why the people of Scotland should PAY for them!!"

<KD lights blue touchpaper and retires to a safe distance>

Last edited by keith_d; 22-01-22 at 10:08 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote