SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-11-22, 09:23 AM   #1
capri3litre

Default Help

Have a 650sv on a w reg , its fitted with a koso digital speedo and has been since we bought it ,everthing ok with it until was having a look at the wiring for everything at the front and decidedto tidy it all up.......after this the speedo lights up with a neutral light lit up but nothing else putting it into all the gears does nothing at all.we do have three wires hanging down with nowhere to go, red one black one and a white and black one was just looped back into the wires before ,its not showing anything on the screen at all ..........any help would be much appreciated as i dont have much hair left now thanks
capri3litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-22, 01:11 PM   #2
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help

Welcome

Not much to go on, I know of but have never encountered the Koso gauges.

The "extra" wires - are they from the gauge or from the SV harness? If they are from the harness, Suzuki's colour code is red for unswitched +12V (ie: live all the time) and black/white stripe is for ground.
I think black is for left turn signal.

Orange + any colour stripe is for switched +12V (comes on with ignition)

After a quick google the koso dl-03s also uses red for +12V which implies you have disconnected its power.
Have you measured the voltage on the red wire (between it and battery neg)?

I read that Koso used to use the 3m splice connectors and wires can pull out of them if they weren't crimped sufficiently.