SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 25-04-06, 01:36 PM   #1
***Steve***

Default XR-1000 Vs X-Spirit

Has anyone owned both these helmets? I've been and tried on the XR1000 and it was a lovely fit in XL so I was all primed to buy it online but then I spied the X-spirit in the same Kagayama design for only 20 quid more.

Now my local bike shop doesn't stock the X-Spirit and it's really hard to get away from work for the next couple of weeks to go further afield to try one on so is the XSpirit XL much the same as the XR1000 XL and does anyone have any views regarding whether its worth spending a bit more on the X-Spirit?

Cheers
Old 28-04-06, 11:42 PM   #2
rigor

I had an XR-1000 before I broke it by landing on it :P Then bought the X-spirit.

I prefer the X-spirit, the vents actually work, I can feel the air rushing over my head, and the front vents do a good ( though not perfect) job of de misting the visor at anything above a crawl. Much comfier too. One thing I would say is you really need to try it on, I had an S sive in the XR-1000, went to try the same size in the spirit, and couldn't even get my head in the bloody thing. Tried a medium and it was great, so try it on, the sizing seems to vary between the two models.

Oh yeah, and the X-Spirit is a miniscule amount lighter too :P

HTH
Old 30-04-06, 02:51 PM   #3
***Steve***

Yeah they have extra shell moulds for the XSpirit (6 in all I believe) had a chance to try one on now and looks like I'm still an XL so I've put in my order for my Kagayama one and bought a KBC as a stop gap to do my test on and use as a spare.
Old 03-05-06, 10:11 PM   #4
didge

I have a XR-900 i loved that but it got a bit old and droped so i got a new XR-1000 and its a realy good fit, i love it