SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-02-07, 03:23 PM   #1
French

Default sv 99-02 shock change

hi, ive heard that the kawasaki zx6r rear shocks fits an sv, i have a curvy model and i was just wondering what model zxr shock fits? and is ther any modifecation. also whats the best set up for std forks? was thinking about ohlins springs and 15w oil?
can i get a quick turn throttle adapter for my bike? ive seen them for a k3 and just wondered it thay would fit if i modded it or anything ilke that/

just got my bike dyno'd 70.6bhp at rear is this good/bad and how do i get more already got a can and set up and a g-pack
also conti sport attak tyres are amazing for an sv 4500m for a rear and more than enough grip!
Old 24-02-07, 03:41 PM   #2
BILLY

Default Re: sv 99-02 shock change

For your throttle do the R6 throttle tube mod as for the shock I'm fitting a Penski shock of a ZXR6 moddle G1or G2 I think.
Old 24-02-07, 03:42 PM   #3
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
hi, ive heard that the kawasaki zx6r rear shocks fits an sv, i have a curvy model and i was just wondering what model zxr shock fits? and is ther any modifecation. also whats the best set up for std forks? was thinking about ohlins springs and 15w oil?
can i get a quick turn throttle adapter for my bike? ive seen them for a k3 and just wondered it thay would fit if i modded it or anything ilke that/

just got my bike dyno'd 70.6bhp at rear is this good/bad and how do i get more already got a can and set up and a g-pack
also conti sport attak tyres are amazing for an sv 4500m for a rear and more than enough grip!
do the oil+springs first - ohlins & 15w are fine

lots of stuff on shocks & 1/4-turn throttles in the archive - try a search
Old 24-02-07, 03:54 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post

How heavy are you, would be the question... The 636 shocks are a good fit size and spring wise, but the damping's far from ideal. Still better than OEM, IMO. Springs and oil can be a good mod, but again, depends on your weight.

Billy's spot on with the R6 throttle, great mod- not so much a faster throttle as a shorter one, but well worth having.

Your power figure there's pretty healthy, DJ machines are known for their variable results but if that's accurate then it's pretty solid.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-07, 07:47 PM   #5
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I'm fitting a ZX10-R shock to my 2001 curvy. Plenty of info on here if you search. ZX10-R has a stiffer spring, ideal for me as I'm 14st.

Just fitted Racetech .80 front springs today. Make sure whatever springs you get match your weight.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote