SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-01-09, 09:27 PM   #1141
Ed

Default Re: The running thread!

Hovis and Ape, I was a running geek. I ran 7 days a week, rarely took a rest day, looked forward to fast 15 milers, was as lean as could be - size 30 waist. I will be brutally honest here when I say that wife & I rarely had sex, simply because I was more interested in going for a run. There, I've said it. We were headed for a divorce.

No return.
Old 28-01-09, 09:34 PM   #1142
krhall

No - I only enjoy challenges I can win and fortunately always trying to push myself can be just that.

I am 5'8" and 13 stone little plodder, BA is an Army PT god I believe (NO FAIR!!!)
Old 28-01-09, 09:39 PM   #1143
krhall

Ed - Do you think that you won't be able to find a middle ground? The occasional run with the club would be healthy, that is what I want. Perhaps one run a week in a group, just to pick up tips and advice from more experienced peeps.

I don't run to the degree you did/do, but whenever I am finished I've always got the energy and the urge for that - Mrs Hall would no doubt prefer it if I p1ss3d off out for a run!!!
Old 28-01-09, 09:40 PM   #1144
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
No - I only enjoy challenges I can win and fortunately always trying to push myself can be just that.

I am 5'8" and 13 stone little plodder, BA is an Army PT god I believe (NO FAIR!!!)
I left the Army over 12 years ago. I am a short *ss 5'6" 42 year old. But have now trimmed down to 11 stone 2 from 12 stone 12
Old 28-01-09, 09:43 PM   #1145
krhall

So an ex-army PT god!! Still better than a former couch potato though.

We both have dodgy knees though, although yours do sound much worse than mine.

I believe that you maintain an inherent level of fitness, so picking fitness up is easier.

Does this just sound like I'm making loads of excuses?
Old 28-01-09, 09:44 PM   #1146
Ed

Quote:
Ed - Do you think that you won't be able to find a middle ground? The occasional run with the club would be healthy, that is what I want. Perhaps one run a week in a group, just to pick up tips and advice from more experienced peeps.

I don't run to the degree you did/do, but whenever I am finished I've always got the energy and the urge for that - Mrs Hall would no doubt prefer it if I p1ss3d off out for a run!!!
Yes probably. I know the danger signs and I'm determined not to go back. Maybe once a fortnight. Group run that is, not sex
Old 28-01-09, 09:54 PM   #1147
Stig

Quote:
So an ex-army PT god!! Still better than a former couch potato though.

We both have dodgy knees though, although yours do sound much worse than mine.

I believe that you maintain an inherent level of fitness, so picking fitness up is easier.

Does this just sound like I'm making loads of excuses?
No I believe you are quite right. I have always been able to progress my levels of fitness quite quickly. I have finally found a training programme that my knees can seem to handle. I have not had to take painkillers now for a week. All good signs. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to get my insoles. Hopefully the problems with my knees is on the right side of getting better. Fingers crossed anyway.
Old 28-01-09, 09:57 PM   #1148
krhall

Then you'll be even faster!!!

I'm gonna have to buy some new faster shoes now then!!!
Old 28-01-09, 10:43 PM   #1149
Foxy

Quote:
Then you'll be even faster!!!

I'm gonna have to buy some new faster shoes now then!!!
LMAO, you are already fast*!!

*When you find some new faster shoes, let me know what they are
Old 29-01-09, 07:00 AM   #1150
krhall

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...95574240469950

I'm getting me some of these bad boys!!! Pah asics who?