SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-03-06, 08:46 PM   #1
aimhamilton

Default Which indicators?

Ok...as some of you may have read my new bike had a wee wobble in the wind on Monday and as a result had smashed offside front indicator (we won't discuss the fairing, wing mirror, or exhaust again)..

I have decided not to replace with the standard indicators so am going to buy some after market ones!

I really like the LED diamond ones but am not confused that you can get two types. Long stem and short stem? Are long stem for front, and short for rear or is it just to options for visibility/poseability?

Also, I've read I may have to fit a different relay as replacing the standard ones with LED/different ones can cause the flash rate to increase? Will this happen?

I had a look at the Motrax ones today which are like (£30 mind..blimey)? Any other suggestions?

As always, your assistance is appreciated!
Old 31-03-06, 09:03 PM   #2
SVTONYB

RSCOSWORTH has Watt Design front LED indicators which look excellent on his blue SV1000S. I dont know if they do rear ones
Old 31-03-06, 10:10 PM   #3
aimhamilton

Cool....

But what about on my YELLOW Gixxer6???

And still confused about the short stem/long stem???
Old 31-03-06, 10:28 PM   #4
SVTONYB

They are shaped to fit flush into the hole vacated by the oem indicators and are colour coded with several LED's inlaid I dont have a photo to show you or an URL to look up
Old 31-03-06, 10:42 PM   #5
Ed

FFS get ones other people can see. These micro things are all well and good but if others can't see them - well what's the point? Safety is a paramount issue here, looking cool comes a poor second.
Old 31-03-06, 10:46 PM   #6
SVTONYB

I may be wrong (usually I am)

but does the 2006 gixxer not have flush indicators
Old 31-03-06, 10:52 PM   #7
SVTONYB

wrong again

They're in the mirrors
Old 01-04-06, 04:57 PM   #8
aimhamilton

Not my week me thinks...

Bought some LED indicators (long stalk ones), got home, took the smashed indicator off and found I need to buy special blanking plates for the K4! Nightmare....

The only place that stocks em near me is closed tomorrow, so can't even go for a ride out....GUTTED! Arrgghh!

Oh well...hopefully it will rain tomorrow so won't be disappointed but knowing my luck now its gonna be glorius sunshine!