SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 10-09-05, 03:25 PM   #1
KayDee

Default I've bought my SV!

On order is one red SV650SK5, fairing Lowers, frame crash protectors, double bubble screen, seat cowl and a Suzuki Alarm system. Picking it up on the 19th (9 day's to go!). I also need to shop around for an undertray, tail tidy, some lovely indicatiors and new leathers (I know what boots + hemlet I want). Bring on the 19th!

Am I happy? HELL YEAH!

PS. I am in the Lisburn/Belfast area.
Old 10-09-05, 03:48 PM   #2
KayDee

Oh and a hugger of course! I don't know if I should go for the Suzuki (at £145) or seek out an after market one.
Old 10-09-05, 06:23 PM   #3
morty

Hi KayDee,

I have the suzuki hugger on my K2, its good enough only thing is the colour isnt quite a match. I see you left something out, wheres the after market can? It will sound great with one .

Paul
Old 10-09-05, 08:01 PM   #4
KayDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty
Hi KayDee,

I have the suzuki hugger on my K2, its good enough only thing is the colour isnt quite a match. I see you left something out, wheres the after market can? It will sound great with one .

Paul
That will have to wait for a little while. Do they sound alright standard? Bare in mind I am moving up from 125's.
Old 10-09-05, 08:19 PM   #5
morty

You will probably think its alright until you get hear a V-tiwn with an aftermarket can, they sound pretty good. Try ebay for a second hand one if ur a bit short.
Old 10-09-05, 08:20 PM   #6
jim@55

they sound ok ,,,if u like sewing machines
Old 11-09-05, 07:55 AM   #7
padmane

Default Me too

Got my nice new red sv sitting in the garage. Just waiting for the insurance papers and then the tax to get sorted by GS in Hillsbourgh. Passed my test on Friday the 9th at 9am in really s**t weather. So chuffed. Now I gota learn to ride a motorbike.
Old 11-09-05, 04:10 PM   #8
KayDee

Default Re: Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmane
Got my nice new red sv sitting in the garage. Just waiting for the insurance papers and then the tax to get sorted by GS in Hillsbourgh. Passed my test on Friday the 9th at 9am in really s**t weather. So chuffed. Now I gota learn to ride a motorbike.
That's where I got mine! Did you do your test in Lisburn? Pictures?

What insurance company did you go for?
Old 11-09-05, 05:25 PM   #9
padmane

Default Newtownards

Sat my test in Newtownards and I went for fully comp insurance with www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk, Sadly I have age on my side! hee hee.
I'll get a couple of pics sorted out. Shame about the R plates! But its only one year. :P
Old 11-09-05, 08:38 PM   #10
KayDee

Default Re: Newtownards

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmane
Sat my test in Newtownards and I went for fully comp insurance with www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk, Sadly I have age on my side! hee hee.
I'll get a couple of pics sorted out. Shame about the R plates! But its only one year. :P
They want £1180.20 fully comp for me with an excess of £175, that's declaring the bike as being worth £6000 (bike + extras)