SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-08-05, 04:33 PM   #1
The Basket

Default New SV owner

Good evening

As the new owner of a new Black K5 faired I thought I would say hello. Have to wait for the new reg, mind. I bought the SV because it was a V-twin, cheap and very cool looking, esp in black. I wanted a replacement for my GPz500 and the SV fitted perfectly. I looked at Z750s Fazers Hornets and Bandits but the SV just seemed different and unique. I only hope the build quality is a improvement on the GPz. The last Suzuki I had was a GP100 and that were all right. Long time ago,like.
Old 13-08-05, 04:39 PM   #2
Carsick

Hey, good choice.
It's definitely alot better than the older GPZ500S, mine developed a variety of faults over a very short period of time.
Old 13-08-05, 04:44 PM   #3
The Basket

I liked the Gpz...a very underrated bike IMHO. A perfect road bike. Build quality was dismal, like. Those sort of things can put you off Kawasakis for life.
Old 13-08-05, 04:51 PM   #4
bluebell

Welcome to the site.
Old 13-08-05, 04:52 PM   #5
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket
I liked the Gpz...a very underrated bike IMHO. A perfect road bike. Build quality was dismal, like. Those sort of things can put you off Kawasakis for life.
welcome to the site.

dont mind if I laugh at that last comment about the GPZ build quality, given the comments usually posted on here about the SVs build quality.

I too went from GPZ500 to SV and not regretted it. And agree very underrated bikes. Loved mine, but my SV a whole heap more. Enjoy.
Old 13-08-05, 04:55 PM   #6
M.C.

welcome
may i congratulate you on getting the best and fastist colour SV
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-05, 05:03 PM   #7
The Basket

I heard tales about the SV such as that the front cylinder cuts out in the wet and stuff like that. All myth I hope. I could have bought the blue one but the black one looks stealthy and goes well with the frame and wheels. That Bike magazine said it were good so it I were going to look at a bandit instead but the SV looks modern where the Bandit don't. I'm not a four cylinder fan either. My car has four cylinders.
Old 13-08-05, 05:08 PM   #8
lynw

Quote:
I heard tales about the SV such as that the front cylinder cuts out in the wet and stuff like that. All myth I hope. I could have bought the blue one but the black one looks stealthy and goes well with the frame and wheels. That Bike magazine said it were good so it I were going to look at a bandit instead but the SV looks modern where the Bandit don't. I'm not a four cylinder fan either. My car has four cylinders.
myth re the front cylinder. Now the spark plugs oth on older models may be reknowned for it but never had a problem with my 00 model and I can assure you its been in as torrential rain that this country can throw at it and through a flooded road with no problems.

But then it is blue and the best colour for an SV
Old 13-08-05, 05:22 PM   #9
The Basket

That's summat then. I would feel daft if i spent money on a unreliable bike. Looking forward to it....what's the running in for the sv?I plan to keep it for a while. I liked the blue but it doesn't shine like the black. Goes with me helmet
Old 13-08-05, 05:29 PM   #10
lynw

Quote:
That's summat then. I would feel daft if i spent money on a unreliable bike. Looking forward to it....what's the running in for the sv?I plan to keep it for a while. I liked the blue but it doesn't shine like the black. Goes with me helmet
dont know, never had a new one. but Im sure someone who has will be along with the correct details.

trust me, blue shines very well when you have the CORRECT blue [Jay blue that is ] Or maybe its the matching silver gaffer tape I have both sides holding the indicators on

which brings me nicely to my next point. FIT CRASH BUNGS ASAP.