SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-03-09, 01:24 PM   #1
Ed

Default Not a good morning

I'm just back from Will's funeral, over in Newtown. For those who don't know, our friend Will died suddenly (heart attack) 10 days ago, aged 53. As it was mid-Wales Anne and I wore dark suits, personally I find this unfortunate and I don't like black at funerals, but we got the dress code right. It was in the Catholic Church, and I have to say it was the worst-conducted funeral service I can remember. The priest droned on about death and hardly said anything personal about Will, and there was little that was uplifting.

We came out into the sun, and after the family (including his 85yo mother) had got into the cars the hearse left. I shed a tear or two as I waved him off, I will miss him, he was a dear sweet man. Came back via Montgomery - it's a fantastic bike road and it's not bad in the car either

Hope there's lots of fish up there, Will
Old 20-03-09, 01:27 PM   #2
markryker

Post Re: Not a good morning

My thoughts are with you Ed, i am sure you have many happy memories of him to look back on. Chin up mate, see you on the Barmouth run.
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-09, 01:31 PM   #3
Stig

Default Re: Not a good morning

Mark's (ASM-Forever) funeral service I thought very similar thoughts. The service was a standardized service with his name thrown in where the blank would have been. Jo's mum's service was marginally better although would have been better if they had stuck to a generic service as he had all his personal details about Jo's mum totally wrong. Date of birth and even called Jo, Joanne when it should have been Johanna. At the end of the day it makes little difference. Everyone is there to say goodbye, details are rather unimportant in the grand scale of things.
Old 20-03-09, 01:37 PM   #4
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Ed, I am so sorry the service didn't do Will justice. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. When my 16 year old cousin died, the vicar droned on and on about how we are all failing God and paving the way to hell. NICE.

Forget the service, remember Will and shed as many tears as you like.

Hope your afternoon in better and you can muse over some happy memories of your times with Will.
Old 20-03-09, 01:39 PM   #5
wyrdness

Sorry to hear about your friend, Ed.

I heard this morning that someone I know killed themselves this week.
Old 20-03-09, 01:40 PM   #6
Kate Moss

Old 20-03-09, 02:26 PM   #7
keithd

sorry to hear about your friends passing and that the service wasn't a good experience either.

maybe its not the place right here right now, but i've only ever been to funerals held at crematoriums and each of them has been hugely personal, lots of background into the persons life, and dare i say almost uplifting.
Old 20-03-09, 02:45 PM   #8
Miss Alpinestarhero

Sorry to hear that the service wasn't great. Just remember your friend for who he was and the things he did. Its always difficult to loose someone.
Old 20-03-09, 02:49 PM   #9
Dappa D

i almost shed a tear just reading this post......big man hugs for u mate xx
Old 20-03-09, 03:05 PM   #10
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
maybe its not the place right here right now, but i've only ever been to funerals held at crematoriums and each of them has been hugely personal, lots of background into the persons life, and dare i say almost uplifting.
Teejeys funeral was like that. It was a good send off.

Sorry to hear your news as well Ed. Not much I can say really, 'cept thoughts are with you.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote