SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 22-05-10, 08:00 PM   #11
Brettus

Default Re: 6th June. Buxton Chippy Run 2.

Really good to get out and about today, thanks again Mister C for letting me tag along. Mrs Brettus wasn't bothered with the time we had been out, just that I had neglected to check in
Was a good test ride, found some interesting new places, some to avoid some really good roads though, can't wait for the 6th now, hope the weather is half as good as it was today.

First time out with my camera for ages so can't resist posting them, not a spoiler for those attending, more a taster to whet the appetite!

admittedly the first two are from my iPhone.

Mister C at the Cat and Fiddle

The charity rideout we gatecrashed for a mile or two

Obligatory pose shot, shame my bike looks like I've been offroading, must clean it up for the 6th!

Both bikes at Rudyard Lake

A Bird that was bobbing about in the sun.

Vertical shot of Mow Cop, turned out better than I expected, took it on a whim.

It's a dangerous place! (so the signs would lead you to believe, I suspect its just short circuiting darwinism personally)

More danger!....

Mow Cop in all its glory

Sorry if the pictures look a bit hot or bright, I had to post process them on my TV so the colours might be a little off.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-10, 06:43 AM   #12
7755matt

Should be well up for this
7755matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-10, 11:11 AM   #13
mister c
Mega Poster

I wanted to get this right in my head, so have done the route again today & found some better roads. Thanks to Uki for the input as well I didn't get lost once today, so that is encouraging.
I will post the full route up once Google decides to play ball with me (I have tried 4 times & it keeps crashing on me)
Lets hope the weather is kind to us on the 6th, I'm really looking forward to it now
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-10, 12:22 PM   #14
mister c
Mega Poster

Right, here we are. I have tried to miss as much of Macclesfield out as possible & have also found a really nice road from Jodrell Bank to Congleton. It has added a few miles onto the journey, but I think it will be worth it.
There will be 3 stops: Buxton, Rudyard Lake & Mow Cop, unless people want to stop at the Cat & Fiddle pub & I will do that as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...26035&t=h&z=11

As stated before, this wont be a fast rideout, some of the roads are a bit narrow to say the least, but I have also kept some A roads as well. I could do with somebody opting to be TEC to try & keep everyone together (something I forgot last year).
I am really hoping it's as good as last year & we get blessed with the weather.

So, if we meet at J & S Accessories in Northwich for, say, 9.30 - 10am on Sunday 6th June.

Last edited by Luckypants; 30-05-10 at 12:33 AM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-10, 10:10 PM   #15
Speedy Claire

Pics look fantastic guys... really can`t wait now. Many thanks Col for all your hard work, really appreciate it
Old 23-05-10, 11:35 PM   #16
Bluepete
Mega Poster

After this weekend, this is just what I need. I'll be there.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-10, 08:14 AM   #17
Brettus

Route looks really good now Mister C, even managed to take in another body of water I see. Could almost do a reservoir tour in that area, didn't realise there were so many!

Unless someone more experienced wants to take over I'll go TEC. I don't mind a bimble and I like to enjoy the scenery.

My usual caveat though I'm afraid, if its persisting down I don't think I'll be along, have enough riding in the rain/sleet/snow due to necessity so I don't need to do it for pleasure.

Lets get a roster going for an idea of numbers:

1: Brettus (TEC) - Weather Permitting.
2:
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-10, 10:04 AM   #18
Owenski

Davenumbers, if you're thinking of doing this I'm tempted an might meet you at the Baslow roundabout if you fancy doing it twice effectivly.
Old 24-05-10, 02:54 PM   #19
Preston

ill see how things are not sure if am going to beable to ride a bike that soon after the opp..
Old 24-05-10, 04:01 PM   #20
Speedy Claire

1: Brettus (TEC) - Weather Permitting.
2: Quiff n Mandy (just in front of TEC)
3: Luckypants
4: Mister c
5: Slark01
6: Bluepete
7. Speedy Claire