SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-07-22, 05:12 PM   #10741
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
When I visit the local Sainsbury's I buy some tinned food or similar to leave in the donations bin on the way out. I've noticed lately that people are leaving newspapers in the donations bin, why? How's that going to feed anyone. To make it worse it's usually the Daily Heil.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Its bog roll John, cheaper than the real stuff
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-22, 06:01 PM   #10742
rowdy

Got a bill from sse for electric for our shop. Quarterly bill for 3 months, bear in mind we only use electric for lights (led) and a fridge and a card machine. £9631!!!! They can **** off
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-22, 11:19 AM   #10743
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Sneezed while stood awkwardly yesterday, and felt a bottom rib pop. Ouch!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-22, 06:15 PM   #10744
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Its bog roll John, cheaper than the real stuff
Ha ha. Perfect use for it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 14-07-22, 07:18 PM   #10745
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Sneezed while stood awkwardly yesterday, and felt a bottom rib pop. Ouch!
That's one hell of a sneeze, Gary, you OK?
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-22, 08:14 PM   #10746
garynortheast
Mega Poster

It's because I was twisted at an awkward angle in full bike kit Craig, with my bottom rib on the right pressed against the top of my leather bike trousers. No room for the rib to move freely when I sneezed!
It's a bit painful when I cough or sneeze but otherwise it's not as bad as it could have been.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-22, 07:14 AM   #10747
Seeker
Mega Poster

Esso. My local petrol station has caught up with head office and now it's helmet (and all face coverings) off before fuelling. I have to drive past a (3p per litre cheaper) Tesco station to get to the Esso so I won't be going back.

Their timing is a bit off too with covid cases climing rapidly thanks, in part, to the new "Centaurus" strain (BA 2.75 variant)
Old 16-07-22, 09:59 AM   #10748
redtrummy

I wonder how it would stand up to a legal challenge. Certain ethnic groups wear full head gear but then thinking about it Sikh's are helmet exempt
redtrummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-22, 10:38 AM   #10749
Seeker
Mega Poster

Getting questions answered via email. (I resist phoning).

I am contemplating upgrading the suspension on the XSR700 so I contacted several UK suspension manufacturers asking them whether their products fit the 2022 model and whether the rear shock was length adjustable.
Maxton are the only ones to respond telling me all the failings of the standard Yam suspension in their detailed 2018-2020 XSR guide. So, I emailed back and asked again. Yes, they fit the 2022 model but still no answer on length adjustability of rear shock.
These days I tend to number my questions so they don't get lost in a sentence but, apparently, it makes no difference. It looks like 3 emails per question is needed and I'm tired of it . I've lived with the stock SV suspension for 6 years maybe I'll live with the Yam's too and save my money.

As for Nitron, K-tech: they haven't bothered answering. M-shock/YSS/Matris/Wilbers I didn't bother with.
Old 01-08-22, 01:53 PM   #10750
Seeker
Mega Poster

NatWest. I posted recently about how wonderful technology had become, here's the other side of the coin.

I am trying to send money to my son in the US, I use Transferwise (now called Wise). Normally it comes straight off my debit card, no problem but since this is a larger amount it requires bank authorisation. I then discover that there's a limit to the amount you can send per day this way (NatWest rules). It failed.

I reduce the amount and try again, this time it tells me to launch the app on my phone to approve the payment (I was using a laptop). I approve the amount, (bearing in mind that multiple texts are flying with short duration codes in this debacle) and it sends me back to Wise where I'm told that NatWest haven't approved it and please try again. FFS
I try again, same result. I send a snotty email to Wise since I never had this problem with Transferwise.

Phone rings hours later 0800 161 5155 NatWest fraud line with questions on failed transactions from earlier. They had blocked the transactions because they weren't normal (ok) but didn't bother mentioning it (not ok).

I was informed that "they were pleased to let me now everything would now go through." Thanks.