SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-08-22, 04:13 PM   #10781
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Tell me you live in a failed state without telling me you live in a failed state.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status...fRFPuexHSEKa3A

How about a farmer's rise in gas prices from near £1 million to £15 million?
https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-f...22-8?r=US&IR=T

or 3x his annual sales.

I think we may have a problem...
Old 28-08-22, 04:21 PM   #10782
redtrummy

Its hard to see how people will manage this winter
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-22, 04:54 PM   #10783
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
Its hard to see how people will manage this winter
A lot of us won't. Many of the more vulnerable in society will die. Still I guess as far as the tories are concerned it gets a large swathe of the "useless eaters" off the books.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-22, 05:09 PM   #10784
Seeker
Mega Poster

Thick Lizzie says if you're worried about the cost of living then you're a "doomsaying leftie".

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...s-right-winter

My suggestion is that if you're not worried you're either a moron or you can claim it back on your MP expenses.
Old 28-08-22, 08:01 PM   #10785
Craig380
Mega Poster

The next 6 months will see thousands of small businesses across a range of sectors - shops, cafes, restaurants, food producers, smaller farmers etc - simply shut up shop because their energy bills will go though the roof and make their operations unsustainable.

It is an absolute outrage that this government is completely absent and preoccupied with its internal beauty contest. We actually need an emergency wartime coalition to deal with this coming crisis, and ensure decisions are made for the good of the UK and not just for the Tory party and its donors.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-22, 08:18 PM   #10786
embee
Mega Poster

I fear civil unrest. Anyone else remember the riots of 1981? I was 25 and remember it well. It can happen, it doesn't take much to start it and once on the go it can spread like wildfire (literally).
I doubt Truss remembers it, she would have been 6yrs old. I suspect she doesn't think it could happen.
Old 29-08-22, 05:48 PM   #10787
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I'd be more surprised if we dont don't get civil unrest. It seems inevitable if so many people have to choose between eating and heating.
Old 03-09-22, 05:52 PM   #10788
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Customer service, or the lack of. Spannerman cannot fit in Hugh's annual service before his MoT is due so I gritted my teeth and went to my only local shop. I won't name them but there is only one dealership in town if you want to work it out. 10am appointment made a week ago, arrived 30 minutes early, walked upstairs to the service reception, the guy behind the counter sees me coming up and walks off. This guy does this every single time I go in to the place, but he does it to others too I've noticed. The other person there checks me in when she comes off the phone, when she eventually finds me on the system. "Will it be done on time as I'll only be killing time in town" I ask, "yes" she lied. Wander off and have a coffee at a cafe, ask for the bill three times, eventually go up to the counter and the staff argue over who should print the ticket, FFS... I hand over the right money, tell them they're useless, and will never go back. No phone call from the bike shop so after nearly two hours wander back. Hugh is in the service bay - an improvement on last year when they didn't even wheel him in until I'd been waiting over two hours. I sit on the wall outside for over 45 minutes. Hugh is moved between bays twice, mechanics wander about with bits of paper, stopping every five minutes for endless cigarettes. A Bandit 1200 is wheeled in. Ten minutes later a brand new Enfield is wheeled in. Hang on, there's only two of them. Why are there three bikes in there? Another ten minutes later one them looks out and asks if the Suzuki is mine. I say the Triumph is mine and is it ready? He says yes so I will admit to getting a bit shouty about getting it back outside and the keys back upstairs so I can pay and leave instead of wasting even more of my day, considering I dropped it off almost three hours ago for a 20-30 minute job! Bear in mind BOTH of the service desk employees were outside at this point having a cigarette so I couldn't have paid anyway... The surley bloke looked daggers at me and slunk off into the back so his colleague went back up with me following, fizzing with irritation. Ten minutes later the mechanic comes up with my key and pass certificate. I finally get to leave, well over three hours after arriving, vowing I will travel somewhere else next time I need an MoT. Is it any wonder I stopped using this place for spares, clothing or anything else years ago with service that bad?

[\long_rant]
Old 03-09-22, 07:26 PM   #10789
Seeker
Mega Poster

Wow. An awful experience.
Maybe you should send a copy to Triumph - if they don't know there's a problem they can't fix it.

My Suzuki dealer wins awards for its customer service so I keep going back.
Old 03-09-22, 09:13 PM   #10790
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

They're actually Yamaha/Royal Enfield/Benelli (and various other things now I think) dealers. The next nearest MoT station is annoyingly a few miles away, but I'll be trying them next instead of going back to the local horror show.