SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-01-24, 10:13 AM   #11
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: 25 years

I loved both my SVs. I only moved onto other bikes due to comfort and my age. My bum and sciatica couldn't take it. I'd quite like a another one now as a second bike but not an S version.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

Last edited by admin; 23-01-24 at 11:30 AM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 11:12 AM   #12
Bibio
Mega Poster

the Sv was recommended by a now departed friend of mine and in 2008 i got a nice shiny brand new one but before hand i scoured the internet to look at what mods i could do and after much searching i had a GSXR front end and rear shock all ready to go on along with some gillies high rise vario bars.

The above bike got stolen in 2009 just before my bypass.

Along comes November 2010 and i got a second hand 2007 with 1024 miles on the clock to which i put a GSXR front end on and a custom made Nitron shock on it. that got crashed when i hit a deer at 60mph on the Moffat road. the pic in my avatar is what it looked like before i hit the deer.

how my bike looks now...

I love my SV its like an old friend its taken me all over Scotland and parts of England and only once let me down when a rivet button came out one of my discs.

would i like something else.. maybe a gsxr 750 with a comfort kit
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 11:39 AM   #13
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I remember the grey one, it was a very tidy bike. Just a bit too shiny for one that was out all the time!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 07:32 PM   #14
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Lady Poppy has unearthed an SV650 sales brochure, with a Trevor Goodall M/C sticker on it. This is where I bought my SV from (long since closed alas) so she probably picked it up on the day she drove me out to Didcot to pick it up. The colour shows it is the original '99 edition as mine was a 2000 model and a slightly different blue. Will try to work out how the scanner upstairs works and add some images.

It has survived reasonably unmarked and if any of you would like it just ping me a pm and I'll send it to you.
Old 23-01-24, 07:34 PM   #15
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Lady Poppy has unearthed an SV650 sales brochure, with a Trevor Goodall M/C sticker on it. This is where I bought my SV from (long since closed alas) so she probably picked it up on the day she drove me out to Didcot to pick it up. The colour shows it is the original '99 edition as mine was a 2000 model and a slightly different blue. Will try to work out how the scanner upstairs works and add some images.

It has survived reasonably unmarked and if any of you would like it just ping me a pm and I'll send it to you.
Yes I'd love to see it. I have one for the gt750 that I bought back in 1976.

Old 24-01-24, 12:53 PM   #16
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Still a great looking bike, it's aged very well (and this is a great example)

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that and it sill feels and rides like a much younger bike. Still nippy and good MPG
Old 24-01-24, 12:57 PM   #17
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the Sv was recommended by a now departed friend of mine and in 2008 i got a nice shiny brand new one but before hand i scoured the internet to look at what mods i could do and after much searching i had a GSXR front end and rear shock all ready to go on along with some gillies high rise vario bars.

The above bike got stolen in 2009 just before my bypass.

Along comes November 2010 and i got a second hand 2007 with 1024 miles on the clock to which i put a GSXR front end on and a custom made Nitron shock on it. that got crashed when i hit a deer at 60mph on the Moffat road. the pic in my avatar is what it looked like before i hit the deer.

how my bike looks now...

I love my SV its like an old friend its taken me all over Scotland and parts of England and only once let me down when a rivet button came out one of my discs.

would i like something else.. maybe a gsxr 750 with a comfort kit
I'm sorry you had that grey one nicked. I'm not usually a fan of faired Motorcycles but that Grey one is beautiful IMHO but they are both great
Old 25-01-24, 05:41 AM   #18
mister c
Mega Poster

It's a shame that it gets such a bad rap from the "real" bikers, classing it as a girl's bike. They've obviously never ridden one & seen how much fun these little bikes can be in the real world.
I keep selling mine, then regretting it & buying another, maybe I should try to learn from my mistakes
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-24, 06:39 PM   #19
Ruffy

I like 'em. I've owned and ridden far more powerful things but, for the road, I think they really are a solid package. Even more so with a bit of tinkering and basic mechanical & cosmetic customisation.

In a way, I've enjoyed that my son's circumstances mean I've had his curvy on long term loan to look after and ride occasionally. (And I'm still sad I was knocked off the previous one that meant it got scrapped.)

And, importantly, based on my experiences here, it seems I get on decently enough with people that like 'em!
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-24, 07:52 PM   #20
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Yes I'd love to see it. I have one for the gt750 that I bought back in 1976.

I have finally worked out how the scanner function of our Epson multi-thing works. Hopefully this link to a public folder on my drive will work - it's the SV650 sales brochure I mentioned that we must have picked up in 2000 when I bought my best bike ever.

http://https://drive.google.com/file...w?usp=drivesdk