SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-07-14, 10:48 PM   #51
anna
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dicky Ticker

Just logged in after seeing some facebook posts :/

Lovely man who was always very kind. This was just one of the many pearls of wisdom he gave "As long as people love you for who you are age is something that none of us can prevent."

Loved catching up with him at the AR's and will miss him.
Old 02-07-14, 05:30 AM   #52
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I hope to be at the funeral though work commitments will prevent me being able to stay on afterwards.
Old 02-07-14, 06:38 AM   #53
atassiedevil

Sounds like a lovely guy. Shame i never got to meet him. Wise and kind, qualities not often found together.
Old 02-07-14, 08:35 PM   #54
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Ok, Lynne has said she doesn't mind if folk do turn up on a bike if anyone wishes to attend, after all DT was part of the biking fraternity.

We Would also like to ask if anyone has any lovely photos of Dicky Ticker can they PM me? We would like to make up a slide show of our memories to take with us on our laptop to display at the do afterwards, and to put on disk for Lynne to keep.

Donations to the British Heart Foundation would be preferred

Sorry if this is all a bit sketchy, but its been a very long week.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 02-07-14 at 08:53 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 09:14 PM   #55
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Well my boss has said that of course I can have the time off, which is very good of him as we are all meant to be in that day for our bicentenary staff photo. The slide show is a lovely idea Lou. I won't be on my bike so if anyone needs a lift from the train station to the crematorium please let me know. I will make a donation too.
Old 02-07-14, 09:28 PM   #56
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

We will be in the car on this occasion. Suited and booted. I have passed on the names of those wishing to attend as Lynne needs an idea.
The thought for the photos wasn't mine, it was a mutual friend who suggested it, and Pete thought it worthy to consider.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 10:33 PM   #57
EssexDave

I met DT very shortly after starting riding and I really had no clue about anything. I didn't even really know my ar*e from my elbow when it came to bikes, but he was kind enough to spend time showing me how to service my bike and our friendship started then.

Being quite young when I got into bikes, I had lots to learn, and DT was more than happy to lend a hand. He helped me to repair my bike after a pretty big off when I wrecked all the fairings. He repaired the whole lot and sprayed it all for good measure. He never asked for anything in return.

The trips we shared together will forever be ingrained in my memory as some of the best biking moment's I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Some of the best times of my life were shared with this man and it really is with a heavy heart that I have to say good bye once and for all.

To those who knew him, you will understand what I mean.

Tonight, I've raised a glass to DT. The true friend who always thought of others, gave great advice and was always willing to go out of his way if he could help.

RIP DT
Old 05-07-14, 12:16 AM   #58
Cazza

Only just heard about this as I rarely get onto the forum these days. RIP DT - you were much loved on the Org, as everyone has said. Thoughts with your family and friends.
Old 05-07-14, 08:12 PM   #59
Milky Bar Kid

Default Dicky Ticker

Gutted to hear this. Poor Mac. He was a great guy. My thoughts are with his family and close friends at this sad time. X
Old 05-07-14, 08:24 PM   #60
Speedy Claire

Such tragic news.... only met you once Mac but you left a big impression on so many. Condolences to Lynn and all his family and friends RIP