SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-07-22, 10:13 AM   #31
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tiiiimber!!

One of the hopefuls, Nadhim Zahawi is already having his tax affairs investigated by HMRC. Sounds like the ideal candidate for the job.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 10:23 AM   #32
embee
Mega Poster

I don't know that much about Mr.Zahawi other than some of his previous career (petroleum etc), family wealth etc, property (inc. mortgages from Gibraltar, as you do), all of which are pretty typical for Tory MPs, and the vaccine roll-out (which was indeed very well run), but there's something about the man which waves a red flag in my mind. I can't put my finger on it, but the old radar is flashing away. I may be totally wrong ........
(he doubtless speaks highly of me .......)

Last edited by embee; 10-07-22 at 10:25 AM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 11:29 AM   #33
Seeker
Mega Poster

The Leadership race so far.

The ex Chancellor and law breaker started well, leaping out of the gate with a self promo vid, but wait another vid appears where he says he has no working class friends, so he loses two places. (and where did that vid come from?)

Fresh from her trip abroad, the Cheeselady looks like a strong contender, she mastered the power stance and went on to demonstrate the Thatcher seated, confident iron lady look. Will she rust and fall apart? What about the Chinese Pig markets she was hot on? Claims to want to restore Great Britain by continuing the practice of breaking international agreements. She likes to tell those pesky Russians what's what, too.

The new Chancellor seems to have stumbled at the gate with HMRC tax woes? A simple mistake - don't get caught next time. If you get caught, then deny it (duh!). If that fails find a lacky to blame. (what a noob).

The bowling ball ex health minister is keeping his cards close to his chest, but he did help start the ball rolling (ironically) by being an early quitter. Too wooden? Back stabber (plus points for a Tory?)

The previous NHS destroyer, Hunt, hasn't fully eliminated his smirk yet although being demoted to the second richest man to have been in the Cabinet helped that. Dark horse.

Mad Nad thought she'd applied but actually had won something on ebay. Might be rewarded by the Criminal Clown with a peerage. Dame Mad Nad (note: this is only rumoured, please don't let it be true).

Defence minister Wallace has retired.

Tom Tugendhat (shame about the name, could maybe add a hyphen?). Tricky this one because he sounds sane (not what we expect in a Tory). Apparently is too left wing (he allows sedation before executions). Dark horse

Attorney General Suella Braverman - advised that breaking NI protocol was legal, so she may be certifiably nuts. Good credentials then.

Penny Mordaunt - who? something, something trade. Not a hope.

The rest? Who cares. Daily Mail calls them the "Dirty dozen" and is upset so there is some good news, from the paper that said the blackshirts were good people (a slightly fascist outlook if you don't mind me saying). Still it was a while ago and maybe they have moderated their views (nope).
Old 10-07-22, 02:41 PM   #34
embee
Mega Poster

Old 11-07-22, 09:26 AM   #35
Seeker
Mega Poster

Machiavellian?

Zahari's taxes under investigation by HMRC.
BoZo knew this before appointing him Chancellor
HMRC comes under the jurisdiction of the Treasury.
I'm sure no pressure will be applied.
Old 11-07-22, 11:30 AM   #36
garynortheast
Mega Poster

https://twitter.com/i/status/1546085078748598272
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 12:26 PM   #37
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post

It's sad that the contenders all seem so pitiful. I don't care whether they have charisma I want one that will acknowledge that we have problems and they have plans to address them.

Prior to the contest starting I emailed my MP (naturally, I did) and predicted that it would be won by whomever shouted TAX CUTS the loudest. Well, here we are.

No explanation of where the money is coming from to pay for tax cuts other than vague allusion to "cutting departments" (by Zahawi). Yay, more austerity.

If our economy was a horse it would be put down.

Just when it couldn't seem any worse Patel said she may run for D̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶L̶o̶r̶d̶ . PM.
Old 11-07-22, 01:36 PM   #38
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post

Just when it couldn't seem any worse Patel said she may run for D̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶L̶o̶r̶d̶ . PM.
The campaignin' and votin' is just beginnin'.
Old 11-07-22, 05:19 PM   #39
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
The campaignin' and votin' is just beginnin'.
Don't forget the backstabbing and turncoating... This sort of thing happens with every party but my flip this one is being played out in full colour and in full sight. It will not be pleasant and will almost certainly end up with factions forming within the party that will take years to heal, if at all. Look how divisive B****t was and how badly that split people into camps.
Old 11-07-22, 05:51 PM   #40
Seeker
Mega Poster

Now Rees-Mogg is contemplating running on the "Boris continuity" platform. That would be the lying, philandering, corruption, law breaking plan?

If Rees-Mogg became PM would his nanny be in the Cabinet? Anyone remember Brian Rix and his farcical stage plays? Roundabout now, someone runs in from stage left with no trousers...