SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-04-24, 08:07 AM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Rowdy - news?

Hey Rowdy, just wondering how you are and if you are at least recovering from your bike spill?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #2
rowdy

Default Re: Rowdy - news?

Hi Gary, thanks for asking. Dont quite remember where I got up to in the other thread, but the outcome so far was, from the crash, fractured rib, fractured wrist, partially collapsed lung, blood on the lung. I’m pretty much all ok as far as these injuries go. The ct scan and further MRI scan revealed a tumour in my left hip bone and a tumour in my adrenal gland. The consultants I have seen for both of these are happy that they are benign and nothing to worry about, however I do have to go for hormone therapy for the tumour on my adrenal gland as it affects pretty much all the hormones in my body, and I have to see the respiratory team about chronic lung disease.

Mentally I am all over the shop. The tumour/hormone problem does not help this one bit. Then there is the stress of my ex. Think I briefly mentioned this before, but she is going through early menopause, has business failings and hit the bottle/drugs and ran off with the drug dealer. I’ve been reading a lot recently about the menopause and it is very common for this sort of thing to happen. While our marriage wasn’t perfect it seems that no matter how hard some blokes try and how supportive they are, women going through it quite often up sticks and leave! On top of this I am currently under referral for an official autism diagnosis, so as you can imagine I am finding things very difficult at the moment. I can’t quite get my head around it, I have been assaulted by my ex in the past when I went out on a date and she flew at me in a rage, even though she suggested I started dating! And she tried to take the house back from me because she wasn’t happy that she gave it up (it is housing association) as I had told her to move in with her boyfriend as I was homeless.
My son is similar to me and on the spectrum. He is 20 years old and last night he nearly tried to kill himself. He rang me having just nearly driven into a tree deliberately at 60mph to try end it all.
I was distraught and tried phoning his mother but as she was with the drug dealer didn’t answer. She did turn up at my house after I sent her some messages, and she then tried telling me to get out of my house again, until I told her I’ve got messages of her drug dealing exploits and have already spoken to the housing association about her moving out.
I then received a provocative message from her boyfriend at 1am. On the night my son nearly tried to kill himself, and my wife will not see that this bloke is a narcissist, that he hasn’t manipulated her into this whole affair with drugs and alcohol, and he is a proven liar and can not be trusted.
I’m not saying our marriage was perfect, of course not or we wouldn’t be in this mess, but it has come as a shock to most people that know us.

Sorry about the long winded rant, but the upshot is physically I’m ok thanks, mentally I am far from ok.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote