SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 29-11-09, 02:42 PM   #1
svjonesy

Default 2010 Rookies

Just me being nosey (and trying to scope out the competition) but was just interested to find out about other rookies for next years season - in particular riding backgrounds.

I have been riding on the road for 13 years. I've never raced before but have done a few trackdays and spent most my time taking sprotsbikes to the alps or Nurburgring.

Have just moved to London from Plymouth so decided this would be a great time for me to finally go racing - something I have wanted to do for many years. I will be a Bemsee Minitiwns rookie next year.
Old 30-11-09, 05:39 PM   #2
coxxy

Default Re: 2010 Rookies

Good luck Jonesy you are going to have one hell of a time! Great spirit in the minitwin paddock, some real characters, nutters and skilled riders able to put a mid powered road bike around a track not much more slowly than bigger classed bikes. The right class to be in for controlled fairness and lower budgets.

Best of luck

Pm if you want any help

coxxy
Old 14-02-10, 06:01 AM   #3
Christian525

What is in bemsee the difference between the rookie and the old man cup?
Old 17-02-10, 12:10 AM   #4
coxxy

Not sure about the question? The old man cup? Please repeat using a different combination of words so it can be understood?
Old 17-02-10, 09:50 AM   #5
Christian525

ok
i hope i understand the bemsee reglement

MRO Minitwins, rookies and juniors start in the same race. Now i want to know where is the difference in this classes?
Old 17-02-10, 10:15 AM   #6
svjonesy

MRO Minitwins - non rookie riders (i.e. have lost their orange bib)

Rookies - doing their first year of racing (have to wears an orange bib until they have completed 10 races at 3 differrent circuits)

Juniors - aged between 15 and 20.

As far as I undertand the rule (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) we will probably all be racing together (or possibly even be put in with the Thunderbikes) however we will get points for our individual classes.

i.e. a rookie could finish 7th in the race but be the 1st rookie and would therefore score 9 points in MRO Class, and 20 points in Rookie Class
Old 17-02-10, 09:14 PM   #7
Berlin

If someone calls me a "rookie" for wearing an orange vest I'd smack them in the chops! The term is NOVICE!

I can't stand this Americanism crap. Its been "novice" for decades. No need to change it.

C
Old 17-02-10, 10:50 PM   #8
Red Herring
Mega Poster

True, but you can be a "Novice" for several years if you don't upgrade your licence, where you can only be a "Rookie" in your first year of racing......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-10, 06:26 AM   #9
Christian525

@svjonesy

That´s the answer i need.

So we Kraut´s race in our first british Minitwin race (BH 24-25.07) in the Rookie or"Novice" Class.
Old 18-02-10, 07:38 AM   #10
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
True, but you can be a "Novice" for several years if you don't upgrade your licence, where you can only be a "Rookie" in your first year of racing......

The word for someone in their first season is "beginner" We live in England. If I raced in Germany I may be an Anfänger or a Débutant in France or even 初心者 in Japan. If I raced in America or Canada I'd be a Rookie.

If I do well, Someone will say "Well done"! not "Guuuuud Jaaaaaabbbb"! We're racing in Britain.

C