SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-02-09, 11:53 AM   #1
Magnum

Default Failed my theory

I bought the PC dvd 'driving test success' and i've been using it every few nights doing the mock tests, hazard perception and learning while practicing.
I was confident going in to do the real thing after passing the mock tests every time in under 20 mins, although my hazard perception was weak.

I struggled on a few of the questions in the real test. One was a yellow sign with schoolchildren on it, and i had to say where it should be seen (i answered on the back of a school bus). Another question i wasn't sure about was the braking distances on ice. I answered 5 times longer. Another one was naming a road sign, it was a dark blue circle, with a red outline and a cross through it; i answered parking restriction.
The one i was most annoyed about was the third party insurance question. I do not know what this covers since i have never been insured before, and it was not on my dvd. I answered 'damage to my vehicle and damage to third party vehicle'. I have no idea whether my answers were right or wrong because you don't get told after the test.

I was confident going into the test, and confident leaving the test room, and schocked when i found out i failed. I scored 48 on the hazard perception, and 41 on the multiple choice. (the pass rates were 44 and 43)

Why does it matter so much that i've failed? Because i was supposed to book my practical test today after passing and therefore start my full training tomorrow. I have this week off for half term, and with the test changing soon, this was the absolute best time to get my licence. The training school won't let me have any lessons untill i've passed. (i'm not sure if this is a legal requirement or not)

So now im £30 lighter, lost my entire morning wasting my time doing a test that i failed and sitting on a stinking bus for an hour and 10 minutes which got diverted and took so long i ended up getting off the bus before the stop and walked past the crawling traffic.
I may have to wait 3 days before booking a re test, but i may be able to book it this afternoon. Looks like i will have to have time off college to actually get this test done...

/rant
Old 16-02-09, 12:01 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Failed my theory

arrr bad luck chin up eh get it booked again
Old 16-02-09, 12:02 PM   #3
NickWilde123

that sucks, i failed my bike theory first time and second time i passed, just keep practicing the tests and get used to the common questions and good luck next time
Old 16-02-09, 12:02 PM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

So you passed the Hazard Perception and failed the multi-choice?

TBH you didn't give yourself much of a chance - its only weeks since you said you needed to learn this stuff.

When I first learned the highway code I was learning to drive a car - and you didnt have the theory test. I literally had 9 months to learn the signs/rules alongside the lessons.

You put a lot of pressure on yourself, and unfortunately failed.

Better luck next time - in the future you will look back and be glad you were delayed a bit - who know what other signs you are still unsure of, and if that lack of knowledge would have had consequences in the real world.

Get a copy of the highway code and read that, as well as continuing the tests on the DVD

█╬╬╬╬(•)iŻi▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-09, 12:03 PM   #5
shonadoll

Aww, that's rubbish,Chin up
Old 16-02-09, 12:05 PM   #6
missyburd

Bad luck hun.

When I took mine I got 44 multiple choice and 63 for the hazard perception so I only passed the multiple choice bit by one mark, thought I'd bolloxed that up big style. It really is a question of luck I think, I remember getting a handful of questions I didn't have a clue about and I just clicked the buttons and crossed me fingers

If at first you don't succeed try again, you'll be reyt At least you've been through the whole experience now and know exactly what to expect. Just forget about the first one as there's nothing you can do about it now. Better luck next time!
Old 16-02-09, 12:06 PM   #7
tanis34

hard luck m8 keep your chin up and try try again as they say you'll get there
Old 16-02-09, 12:06 PM   #8
Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
So you passed the Hazard Perception and failed the multi-choice?

TBH you didn't give yourself much of a chance - its only weeks since you said you needed to learn this stuff.

When I first learned the highway code I was learning to drive a car - and you didnt have the theory test. I literally had 9 months to learn the signs/rules alongside the lessons.

You put a lot of pressure on yourself, and unfortunately failed.

Better luck next time - in the future you will look back and be glad you were delayed a bit - who know what other signs you are still unsure of, and if that lack of knowledge would have had consequences in the real world.

Get a copy of the highway code and read that, as well as continuing the tests on the DVD
I have the highway code and i've been reading it at lunchtime in college, and break at work.
I know all the important signs, just that parking restriction one i wasn't sure on.
Old 16-02-09, 12:08 PM   #9
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I struggled on a few of the questions in the real test. One was a yellow sign with schoolchildren on it, and i had to say where it should be seen (i answered on the back of a school bus). Another question i wasn't sure about was the braking distances on ice. I answered 5 times longer. Another one was naming a road sign, it was a dark blue circle, with a red outline and a cross through it; i answered parking restriction.
The one i was most annoyed about was the third party insurance question. I do not know what this covers since i have never been insured before, and it was not on my dvd. I answered 'damage to my vehicle and damage to third party vehicle'. I have no idea whether my answers were right or wrong because you don't get told after the test.
Sorry to hear you failed dude, i think you can book a re-test immediately though can't you with the theory unlike the practical?

From memory:

Yellow sign with schoolchildren is on a lolipop lady's crossing wand

Stopping distances on ice are upto 10x longer

red circle plus red cross like an x not a + with a blue background means no stopping

third party insurance covers damage to a third party's vehicle or property ONLY

awaits correction
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-09, 12:09 PM   #10
Magnum

Thanks for the support people.

If i believed in karma, i'd blame this on my Jade Goody joke...