SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 27-10-09, 08:24 PM   #1
harry04

Default Ride outs in and around Devon

I've just got my SV650s K6 and was just trying to find some people to go out and ride with around devon. im 19 so its restricted but if anyone fancys to arrange a ride then just reply to this and i'll give you some details. Im in Cullompton just outside exeter.
Old 03-11-09, 08:49 PM   #2
metalhead19

Default Re: Ride outs in and around Devon

Hey. Have you tried finding your local bike meet...if exeter has one which im guess it does? Could get talking to few ppl there. Im in Plymouth, so not far, also running my restricted SV, but am def up for a ride some time
Old 03-11-09, 10:17 PM   #3
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Bridge Motorcycles is your main meeting point for ride-outs in Exeter and Captain Jaspers in Plymouth, there won't be much going on at this time of the year though.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 09:57 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Captain Jaspers in Plymouth
that the place down on the quay?

i think i went there yonks and yonks ago when i bought the SV

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 10:57 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Correct. It's right down on the barbican, where the old fish market used to be.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-11, 03:11 AM   #6
YellowMonkeyBoy

Hey Harry I'm 22 just got my SV its not as young as yours thats for sure and only ridden it for about 100 miles thus far, still breaking her into some new Tires. I'm the otherside of Exeter closer to Dartmoor, I'd like to find other riders too can't wait for some decent weather though and going to take mine over Dartmoor as I know it like the back of my hands as its on my doorstep
Old 15-03-11, 12:43 PM   #7
metalhead19

I quite regularly head out onto dartmoor. Its great
Old 15-03-11, 12:47 PM   #8
YellowMonkeyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead19 View Post
I quite regularly head out onto dartmoor. Its great
I always enjoyed it in my Civic I actually can't wait to do it on my Bike in some decent weather. Though shes got a **** battery so I ride round with Jumper Cables atm getting the new one tomorrow which should hopefully give me the confidence to ride out and not have fears that I'd have to go where people are.

The road I love most is the B something something haha but its the main one that goes right through Dartmoor I'm at one end and Plymouths at the other.
Old 15-03-11, 12:55 PM   #9
metalhead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMonkeyBoy View Post
The road I love most is the B something something haha but its the main one that goes right through Dartmoor I'm at one end and Plymouths at the other.
Would have thought that if the bike is running then the battery wont cut it out as it'll be being charged.
Would that happen to be the road that goes through Two Bridges and Princetown?
Old 15-03-11, 01:05 PM   #10
YellowMonkeyBoy

Just looked it up on Google Maps and its the B3212 though I join onto it in Mortenhamstead as looking at it, it seems to come out of Exeter at the start. It does run past Two Bridges and Princetown.

My Battery doesn't run down while riding at all its starting her. Shes lovely riding just needs that jump to start. Unfortunately I got her from a Car Dealership who knew nothing about bike and its been sat around for 8 months with her Alarm on in a showroom no trickle charge and pretty sure its knackered the Battery. Hopefully its not the Alternator but will check that with the new battery when its fitted tomorrow in Newton Abbot. Hopefully good weather as I have to ride it there