SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-07-08, 12:41 PM   #1
Jase22

Default Bar end mirrors for clip-ons

Afternoon

Just wondered if anyone could recommend some decent bar end mirrors? Seem to be rather a lot our there, so was hoping someone had tried some as I didn't want to get a set that would fall to bits or rust away in about two minutes.

They're for standard clip ons, curvey model.

Much appreciated
Jase
Old 28-07-08, 04:48 PM   #2
Mudder

Default Re: Bar end mirrors for clip-ons

I'm using the cheap generics found on ebay for around $35usd. I used a longer screw and mounted my bar ends over the frame of the mirrors and they work well. They don't stick out much farther than my bars, have little vibration at speed, and they cover a nice viewing area. Convex mirrors, they did take a little getting used to.
Old 29-07-08, 07:02 AM   #3
Jase22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
I'm using the cheap generics found on ebay for around $35usd. I used a longer screw and mounted my bar ends over the frame of the mirrors and they work well. They don't stick out much farther than my bars, have little vibration at speed, and they cover a nice viewing area. Convex mirrors, they did take a little getting used to.
Which ones are they then? Is it these ones?

Cheers
Old 29-07-08, 01:02 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

LSL Lanesplitters are fantastic... Stupidly expensive, but they're fantastic, very slightly convex but not OTT, no vibration, but most importantly they're spring loaded so they pop in and out- so they don't make the bike wider. I've ridden with fixed bar end mirrors and the impact on filtering is maddening.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-08, 01:50 PM   #5
jimmy-james

Motrax mirrors are cheap, have no vibration, and are alloy so wont rust. They are convex but like others have said you get used to it! I love mine i can actually see behind me and so many fellow bikers have commented on how good they are!
Old 29-07-08, 04:19 PM   #6
Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase22 View Post
Which ones are they then? Is it these ones?

Cheers
Yes. On my '99 the bar ends just screw on so I didn't need the expanding plug that comes with the mirror. Just a long screw.
Old 29-07-08, 07:35 PM   #7
noob-saibot

can you get similar that dont stick out? similar to the rizmoto, straight up one? cheers
Old 30-07-08, 07:58 AM   #8
Jase22

Managed to get hold of a set of Motrax ones pretty cheap, so I'll see how they pan out for me.

I was tempted by Oberon, but the mirrors they make are really designed for naked bike bars, and when I didn't really fancy b@stardising a set that had cost me a pretty penny. I'm still not sure whether I'll like the bar end mirrors, so thought might aswel get a cheaper set than throw my money away eh?

noob-saibot: I believe them ones in the picture and the motrax ones are adjustable and should pivot as not to stick out too much.
Old 30-07-08, 11:10 PM   #9
northwind
Mega Poster

Cateye, ?6 from Halfords:

They're really pretty decent. But I did find they moved around above 100.

And a CRG Lanesplitter, in popped in mode, this is why I love them...

And popped out

I can't believe I'm actuallly posting that picture with the GSXR tail. Some mods fail so hard they should never be made public
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote