SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-03-06, 10:04 PM   #1
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Planet Earth

Did any one else watch this on BBC1 tonight.

It's going to be repeated next Saturday @ 18:30 on BBC2.

Absolutley Fantastic...

Want it on DVD.
Old 05-03-06, 10:18 PM   #2
darylB

Absolutely superb, can't wait for next week, unmissable.

Daryl.
Old 05-03-06, 10:23 PM   #3
cuffy

Fan "bloody" tastic...hats off to Mr attenborough and his team

Mrs cuffy got all upset when the shark attacks started...lol
Old 05-03-06, 10:29 PM   #4
keithd

i think seeing the elephants swimming has to be one of the most memorable pieces of TV i've seen in a long while! that and the Great white attacks in super slow-mo

quali frickin tee
Old 05-03-06, 10:30 PM   #5
mattSV
Mega Poster

phantastic fotography - good to see that they don't **** away all of our license fee.

Funniest bit was baby elephant walking into the tree
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 12:01 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV
phantastic fotography - good to see that they don't p*ss away all of our license fee.

Funniest bit was baby elephant walking into the tree
Or the bit when they all stopped and walked into each other's bums one by one. Like soething out of a disney film that bit.

But, yes i agree with all the above. Fan-bloody-tastic and about the only thing worth paying that license fee for. The whole way thru i was wondering how they got those amazing arial shots and at one point thought they must surley be using a hot air baloon. That steady a shot, no shadow of a hellicopter in shot and the animals were so not bothered.
Glad they explained it at the end tho!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 12:06 PM   #7
Grinch

Jax didn't like the shark attack, or the baby elephant that got lost...
Old 06-03-06, 12:55 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

Didn't see it... But I did watch the classic land-crabs thing that was on earlier on. Absolute genius- millions of red land crabs migrate across this inhabited island, gettign crushed by trains, cars, hit with gold clubs, fallign in holes, tortured by children, and generally slaughtered. They get to the beach on the other side, get it on, then all the female crabs walk into the sea to spawn. But they're land crabs, so they drown!

THen the punchline... Billions of tiny baby crabs come on shore for the first time- and the surviving male crabs eat them! Nature can be so cruel. But funny!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 04:25 PM   #9
Fizzy Fish

Awesome viewing, especially the shark - how massive was that?!! I did some cage diving with great whites a few years back and I'm very glad that i didn't come across that one - think it would have swallowed the whole cage!

Watch best bits again here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/...rth/realmedia/
Old 06-03-06, 05:01 PM   #10
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Didn't see it... But I did watch the classic land-crabs thing that was on earlier on. Absolute genius- millions of red land crabs migrate across this inhabited island, gettign crushed by trains, cars, hit with gold clubs, fallign in holes, tortured by children, and generally slaughtered. They get to the beach on the other side, get it on, then all the female crabs walk into the sea to spawn. But they're land crabs, so they drown!

THen the punchline... Billions of tiny baby crabs come on shore for the first time- and the surviving male crabs eat them! Nature can be so cruel. But funny!
So. Crabs freak me out. I can deal with big hairy spiders, sharks, cockroaches up close. Even, God help us, cats.
But, crabs are wrong. I just about dealt with them when I was working on an north Atlantic trawler. But, that baby crab footage... that fueled my nightmares for some time.

Still does.

And they were walking through houses, over David's feet. Jaysus.