SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-07, 04:43 PM   #21
Horney

Default Re: Biggest Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
I got stopped for 36 in a 30, at the end of my street, on the way home from last year's AR. Only time I've ever been caught...
Please tell me they never done you for it?!

Old 02-07-07, 05:02 PM   #22
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horney View Post
Please tell me they never done you for it?!
Nah, I think mainly because I was local. The only thing I could think of to say was that I was wearing earplugs for the long motorway run and the lack of noise made me misjudge the speed, I wasn't used to them. Had the unusual benefit of being completely true. He checked my licence, found it was clean and that I was about 50 feet from home, and told me to b****r off.

Still, I couldn't have complained much if he had, considering that I'd spent the entire day over the limit, more or less.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
Old 02-07-07, 08:20 PM   #23
Stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Sort of got away with 120 on the motorway the other day. Overtook a car, carried on accelerating - looking in my mirrors to see blue flashing lights. Pull over and the police car just flys past - must have been on another shout! phew.
I got done like this on the M27. was doing 98 ahem keeping a look out - saw some flashing blue in my mirrors, slowed down and moved left. Police shot by on a shout. Week later, some paperwork arrived. . 3 points and £360. Bit pricey that one. Southampton Magistrates dealt with it. Behaved myself since.
Old 02-07-07, 11:08 PM   #24
instigator

Got caught doing 95 in a 60. How did I get caught? Overtaking a marked police car...

I got the biggest fright of my life last week. Out for a quick trip to B&Q in reading and it involves about 10 miles of dual carriageway / motorway. I only get 30minutes for my lunch break so onto the last 5 mile stretch and I red line it in 1st - 5th gear, about 12k in 6th and get off at my exit for work. Not sure what the top speed of a srad 600 is but I was certainly within 5mph of it.

Get off the bike at work and hear the very loud swoosh-swoosh-swoosh sound of a helicopter. Look up and there is a police helicopter hovering above 'me', a lot lower than most choppers fly at! I stand about pretending to do stuff to the bike and then slowly walk into the building and it buggers off after sitting there for 5 minutes. I was sitting at my desk just waiting for a police car to enter the car park. Scariest.moment.of.me.life. I completely 'whitied'.

So, so glad I didn't get caught. I would have lost literally everything.

Last edited by instigator; 02-07-07 at 11:09 PM. Reason: addition

Old 03-07-07, 12:21 AM   #25
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Got caught speeding home from work once.

Was driving home in my cage at about 3 in the morning on a week night, so no traffic or pedestrians to worry about. Was absolutely nailing my 1300 Astra(!) everywhere. This cop car was tucked away in a social club car park right on a roundabout so I didn't see him at all.

The video he showed me after finally catching up with me showed a blue blur and by the time they'd pulled out, I was about 150-200 metres away, they floored it and reached a speed of 96 miles an hour and they still weren't catchin me! Outside my house I slowed to find a parking spot, couldn't see one so took a right turn and pulled in, then they put on the blues!

Luckily I lived 0.24 (I kid you not, 0.25 and they could f**k me!) away from where they first saw me so they couldn't do anything (this is what he told me.)

This was all in a 30 limit *holds head in shame* though I have grown up a little since.

Also got chased by the Plymouth auto crime unit in an unmarked sierra 1.8 once (my 1300 Astra again) and reached speeds in excess of 90 on a 30. Also got away with it as I was on my own and there was 2 blokes in the sierra so I was fearfull for my safety. This was at about 10 at night (again, i've grown up since then)!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 03-07-07, 08:18 AM   #26
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I got done like this on the M27. was doing 98 ahem keeping a look out - saw some flashing blue in my mirrors, slowed down and moved left. Police shot by on a shout. Week later, some paperwork arrived. . 3 points and £360. Bit pricey that one. Southampton Magistrates dealt with it. Behaved myself since.
2 weeks and counting...... still no paperwork!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
Old 03-07-07, 12:34 PM   #27
Gnome

Never been caught in 7 years on the roads.

Old 04-07-07, 12:12 AM   #28
rictus01
Mega Poster

Ok you've had your run. now closed.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Closed Thread