SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 06-10-08, 08:40 PM   #1
JimmyG

Default sv650 pointy lower fairings (damaged)

anyone interested in lower fairings that are damaged.

one half is cracked but still in one piece, no missing parts. the other side is still good.

pics if your interested.

there black, but i made a poor job of painting so you might want to repaint

fitting kit is ruined so theres no point sending it on.

call me to get a quick responce

cheers,
James
Old 06-10-08, 09:34 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: sv650 pointy lower fairings (damaged)

which is the good side i need a right hand side one, and how bad is bad paint job?
Any pics
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 11:04 PM   #3
phil24_7
Mega Poster

How much ya looking for?

Could I get a photo of the fitting kit anyway? I may be able to make some use of it to fashion another one!

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 09:42 PM   #4
JimmyG

its the right side fairing thats cracked.

the fitting fit could actually be used again, although one of the centre large type washers that holds the fairing in the middle has been ground down a good bit by the tarmac.

the bracket that holds that washer is steel and the weld has cracked, if you cut the old weld off and re-welded it, it would work again. i could do this for you at a small extra cost.

the paint job was good until the clear coat went on, basically it was getting dark and we were half ****ed. when i put polish on to try and fix it, it just stayed white in areas. but i dont have an electric polisher and i'm not gordon brown...a complete wan*er! :P

i dont know what there worth, its not bad damage, and im half tempted to just re-pair them as plastic weld glue will work great on it....tell me what you think there worth when i get a few pics up

Last edited by JimmyG; 07-10-08 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-10-08, 11:01 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I await your pics.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote